The regular pit crew for William Byron’s #24 Hendrick Motorsports Chevrolet in the NASCAR Cup Series will be out for Sunday’s Xfinity 500 at Martinsville Speedway, the penultimate race of the 2020 NASCAR Cup Series. the pit crew that usually services Ricky Stenhouse Jr.’s #47 JTG-Daugherty Racing Chevrolet, instead, will pit Byron’s car in the Martinsville race after multiple members of the #24 crew tested positive for COVID-19.
“Hendrick Motorsports has implemented detailed procedures to protect the health of our team members and follows recommendations from the CDC, OSHA and NCDHHS regarding the handling of positive COVID-19 tests,’’ a statement from Hendrick Motorsports read.
The #47 pit crew also pitted Byron’s car Wednesday at Texas Motor Speedway in the resumption of the AutoTrader EchoPark Automotive 500.
JTG-Daugherty Racing has a technical alliance with Hendrick Motorsports, and through that alliance, Hendrick provides pit crews for JTG-Daugherty’s #47 and #37 [Ryan Preece] teams. HMS backup pit crew personnel will service Stenhouse’s car at Martinsville.
- Alonso ‘felt 300 per cent more confident’ through race
- Ole Miss Rebels: CFN College Football Preview 2021
- Duke Blue Devils: CFN College Football Preview 2021
- Maple Leafs’ Nylander rises to Keefe’s challenge after missed meeting
- Canucks emerging from darkest weeks with brightest performances
- A Video Of Mick Foley’s Appearance On “Pawn Stars”, Big NJPW Stipulation
- WWE NXT News – Franky Monet Interrupts Io Shirai, Ted Dibiase Sr. Appears
- MLB, union meet for 1st CBA talks, sources say
- A statement from the CFL on the murder of George Floyd
- Ex-NFL Star AJ Francis Says He’s Waiting For His Opportunity To Make WWE Debut