The regular pit crew for William Byron’s #24 Hendrick Motorsports Chevrolet in the NASCAR Cup Series will be out for Sunday’s Xfinity 500 at Martinsville Speedway, the penultimate race of the 2020 NASCAR Cup Series. the pit crew that usually services Ricky Stenhouse Jr.’s #47 JTG-Daugherty Racing Chevrolet, instead, will pit Byron’s car in the Martinsville race after multiple members of the #24 crew tested positive for COVID-19.
“Hendrick Motorsports has implemented detailed procedures to protect the health of our team members and follows recommendations from the CDC, OSHA and NCDHHS regarding the handling of positive COVID-19 tests,’’ a statement from Hendrick Motorsports read.
The #47 pit crew also pitted Byron’s car Wednesday at Texas Motor Speedway in the resumption of the AutoTrader EchoPark Automotive 500.
JTG-Daugherty Racing has a technical alliance with Hendrick Motorsports, and through that alliance, Hendrick provides pit crews for JTG-Daugherty’s #47 and #37 [Ryan Preece] teams. HMS backup pit crew personnel will service Stenhouse’s car at Martinsville.
- Britt Baker Trolls Bayley, Adam Pearce Thanks Fans For Supporting Him
- Nyla Rose’s Replacement For This Week’s AEW Dynamite Broadcast Revealed
- NFL Schedule, Predictions, Game Previews, Lines, TV: NFL Playoffs Conference Championships
- NFL Playoff Conference Championship First Thought Predictions, Lines
- J.T. Miller’s return could be boost Canucks need after slow start
- Flames notebook: Familiarity leading to early power play success
- Renee Paquette Comments On The Possibility Of Going To AEW, More
- Ethan Page Blasts Impact Wrestling Over Hard To Kill Match
- Guentzel’s winner lifts Penguins by Capitals in shootout
- Maple Leafs’ Spezza will retire if claimed on waivers, agent says