Three major IndyCar teams travelled out to WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca on Tuesday for a one-day private test on the winding desert course.
Team Penske, Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing, and Andretti Autosport were all present for the test, with ten drivers taking part in total.
The weather started out foggy, but cleared into a mostly sunny and gusty summer day that was perfect for a day of track action.
Josef Newgarden set the quickest time, but the day was mostly about fine-tuning setups and getting acquainted with the track rather than outright speed.
His fast time of 1:11.5478 was faster than the fastest racing lap when the series last visited in 2019, however, so the pace was definitely there.
For some drivers such as Scott McLaughlin, it was the first time sampling the historic track. For others, it was all about refreshing memories on the course that was taken off the schedule in 2020 due to the pandemic.
A total of 805 laps were run between the ten drivers, with an average of nearly a full race distance run by each.
Simon Pagenaud and Graham Rahal contributed the most to that total, with each getting 103 laps under their belts.
The IndyCar Series will be back at Laguna Seca on September 19, in the middle of a west coast swing for the penultimate round of the season.
- Big Ten Expansion. What Does The Conference Do Now?: Daily Cavalcade
- White Sox activate DH Jimenez off IL Monday
- Padres get Frazier from Pirates for three players
- AEW Donates $100,000 To Support Charlotte’s “Safe Alliance’
- Tony Khan & Other AEW EVPs Flew To Chicago To Film Footage This Past Sunday
- Nye: Inside the Riders’ Green and White game
- Four undervalued UFAs who could be bargains when free agency opens
- Lions release 18, including QB Will Arndt
- WEC unveils more details on Bahrain double header
- Maple Leafs 2021 Free Agency Preview: Needs, targets, issues