Trident Motorsport has announced the signing of David Schumacher, who will race for the team in the upcoming FIA Formula 3 Championship.
Schumacher, who is the son of ex-Formula 1 driver Ralf, made his debut in F3 at the end of the 2019 season with Campos.
In 2020, he competed the opening six rounds with Charouz before switching to Carlin for the final three rounds of the season and is still awaiting his first points in the series.
Schumacher linked up with Trident at the post-season F3 tests in Barcelona and Jerez last year.
“I’m delighted to race with Trident Motorsport this year and I think we have excellent chances,” Schumacher said.
“The team has been doing a really good job and the car was amazing in the two tests in Barcelona and Jerez.
“I’m looking forward to the season ahead. I can feel that the team is really passionate about what they are doing so I have a great feeling for this year.”
Trident ended the 2020 season second in the Teams’ standings, picking up three races wins across the year with Lirim Zendeli and David Beckmann.
Trident Team Manager Giacomo Ricci added: “David has great potential. I think he has more to express and all the characteristics to achieve remarkable results.
“He has had the opportunity to compare the Trident team with others, during the official 2020 post season tests, and we are proud that he has decided to choose us.
“We were able to develop excellent interpersonal feelings with David, in addition to a great working pace that I am sure will lead to very good results this season.”
- Colorado Avalanche clinch Presidents’ Trophy, West Division title
- Chris Jericho Injured During Blood & Guts Match, Status For AEW’s Double or Nothing
- The Updated Card For Impact Wrestling’s Under Siege PPV Event
- Pac-12 Expansion: What Schools Should The Conference Target?
- Landry: Anti-rouge? Maybe you’ve missed the point
- Brawn expects field to spread under new 2022 regulations
- Argos land three 2021 picks, one from 2020 class
- Kentucky Wildcats: CFN College Football Preview 2021
- MLB Power Rankings: Who passed the Dodgers for our No. 1 spot?
- PHOTO: WWE Releases Special Poster For Top WrestleMania Backlash Match