Last year’s Formula 3 title contender Logan Sargeant will remain in the championship this year after signing a deal to compete for Charouz Racing System.
Sargeant, 20, challenged for the title in 2020 before finishing a close third to Prema team-mate Oscar Piastri.
The American took three pole positions and two victories during the season.
On Tuesday Charouz, which finished at the foot of last year’s 10-team championship, confirmed the recruitment of Sargeant and Enzo Fittipaldi alongside Reshad de Gerus.
“Early this year, I didn’t know if I was ever going to get in a race car again,” said Sargeant.
“So I was honoured to get this opportunity from Charouz Racing System. I’m going to give it everything I have to put the car at the front and keep trying to build within the team. I’m really looking forward to it.”
Fittipaldi, younger brother of Haas F1-linked Pietro, finished 15th in the 2020 standings with HWA Racelab.
“I am really happy for the chance that team owner Antonin Charouz and team manager Bob Vavřík gave me,” said Fittipaldi.
“It will definitely be a challenge since I didn’t do any of the pre-season testing but I will do my best with this opportunity. I’m looking forward to the first race weekend in Barcelona!”
- Ohtani (fatigue) has Tuesday start pushed back
- Big collision sends Dozier to IL; Abreu day-to-day
- Cesaro Reveals Why His Pairing With Paul Heyman Didn’t Work, More
- PHOTO: Becky Lynch Is Back In The Gym Training
- Grosjean claims maiden IndyCar pole at Indy GP
- Argos announce 2021 coaching staff
- Predicting Round 1 of the 2021 Stanley Cup Playoffs
- Newgarden leads VeeKay in second IndyCar practice session
- UNLV Rebels: CFN College Football Preview 2021
- Stanley Cup Playoffs betting guide: Odds, picks, props and more