George Russell’s performance coach is self-isolating after displaying mild respiratory symptoms ahead of this weekend’s Emilia Romagna Grand Prix.
Williams stressed on Thursday evening that Russell had not been in contact with Aleix Casanovas since Sunday’s Portuguese Grand Prix.
Russell and Casanovas both returned a negative Covid-19 test on Wednesday, which was taken on Tuesday, and will be tested once more on Friday in line with FIA guidelines.
“After displaying mild respiratory symptoms this morning Williams can confirm that George Russell’s performance coach is self-isolating today in line with FIA guidelines,” read a team statement.
“A Covid-19 test collected yesterday was negative, however he will undergo a further precautionary test again tomorrow outside the paddock before taking further directions from the FIA.
“He has not been in contact with George since race day in Portugal.
“George undertook his scheduled Covid-19 test on Tuesday in order to enter Italy today – which was also confirmed as negative.
“He will be retested at the track on Friday as part of the team’s regular testing schedule.”
Williams officially has Jack Aitken as its reserve driver.
Formula 2 racer Aitken, previously part of Renault’s stable, tested the FW43 in free practice in Austria in July.
- Northwestern vs Michigan State Prediction, Game Preview
- Ball State vs Toledo Prediction, Game Preview
- Buffalo vs Kent State Prediction, Game Preview
- Triple H & William Regal Congratulate A-Kid On Winning The NXT UK Heritage Cup
- WWE Stock Drops, A “Bonus Clip” From Liv Morgan’s Documentary, The Rock, More
- Appalachian State vs Troy Prediction, Game Preview
- Renault: Engine freeze must suit F1, not just because Honda quit
- Arkansas State vs South Alabama Prediction, Game Preview
- Pirelli: Drivers were warned not to expect 2021 tyre ‘revolution’
- O’Leary: Stallions only waved the CFL flag