George Russell’s performance coach is self-isolating after displaying mild respiratory symptoms ahead of this weekend’s Emilia Romagna Grand Prix.
Williams stressed on Thursday evening that Russell had not been in contact with Aleix Casanovas since Sunday’s Portuguese Grand Prix.
Russell and Casanovas both returned a negative Covid-19 test on Wednesday, which was taken on Tuesday, and will be tested once more on Friday in line with FIA guidelines.
“After displaying mild respiratory symptoms this morning Williams can confirm that George Russell’s performance coach is self-isolating today in line with FIA guidelines,” read a team statement.
“A Covid-19 test collected yesterday was negative, however he will undergo a further precautionary test again tomorrow outside the paddock before taking further directions from the FIA.
“He has not been in contact with George since race day in Portugal.
“George undertook his scheduled Covid-19 test on Tuesday in order to enter Italy today – which was also confirmed as negative.
“He will be retested at the track on Friday as part of the team’s regular testing schedule.”
Williams officially has Jack Aitken as its reserve driver.
Formula 2 racer Aitken, previously part of Renault’s stable, tested the FW43 in free practice in Austria in July.
- Umpire: Didn’t ‘eject’ Orioles’ grounds crew
- MLB Power Rankings: Where all 30 teams stand as the top squads start to clinch
- Dovizioso confirmed at Petronas SRT for rest of 2021 and ’22, Morbidelli gets Yamaha factory deal
- Red Bull to hold Dallas F1 show run prior to US GP
- Pitt vs Western Michigan Prediction, Game Preview
- Missouri vs SE Missouri State Prediction, Game Preview
- Coastal Carolina at Buffalo Prediction, Game Preview
- Syracuse vs Albany Prediction, Game Preview
- Boston College vs Temple Prediction, Game Preview
- Mississippi State vs Memphis Prediction, Game Preview