Renowned German sportscar squad Rowe Racing will contest the 2021 DTM season with a BMW M6 GT3.
The team comes off the back of its most successful season to date, winning both the Spa and Nürburgring 24 Hours in 2020.
That last race was won with BMW, the same manufacturer with which it previously won the Spa 24 Hours in 2016 and with which it will venture into the new-for-2021 GT3 DTM series.
Rowe Racing becomes the second BMW team to commit to the series in a few weeks time as Walkenhorst Motorsport, another longstanding BMW squad, previously also committed the series.
Mercedes-AMG has also confirmed it will take part in the new series, as will Ferrari, with AF Corse entering cars for Alex Albon, Nick Cassidy and Liam Lawson.
“Entering the DTM is a great story for ROWE RACING,” said team boss Hans-Peter Naundorf. “The DTM has a rich tradition and has been the most popular and hiqh-class touring car series in Europe for many years. It has been on our radar, as a team, for a while.
“The fact that it is now finally possible for ROWE RACING to enter the DTM, thanks to the series’ switch to GT3 sports cars, is great for me personally, as my motorsport roots lie in the DTM. It is fantastic to now be there from the beginning in a DTM based on new technical regulations.
“Entering the DTM, with its sprint races, high-class teams and drivers, as well as cars from at least five manufacturers, is a big new challenge for our team – but one that we are happy to take on and gives us a lot of motivation.
“The large and loyal fan base of the DTM, and the esteem it is held in in many countries around the world, makes it very attractive for our partner ROWE MINERALÖLWERK GMBH too.”
“Incidentally, entering the DTM does not mean that we will turn our back on our beloved endurance racing. We are also planning an extensive programme on the Nürburgring-Nordschleife this season.”
- Brewers’ Yelich lands on IL with lower back strain
- Braves’ Kazmar plays in first MLB game since ’08
- Acosta prevails over Foggia to win Portuguese Moto3 encounter at the death
- Formula 1 announces 10-year Miami Grand Prix deal
- 2022 NFL Draft: Top 32 Pro Prospects First Look
- Oilers’ growth an extension of McDavid, Draisaitl’s own on-ice transformation
- The Rock & His Wife Purchase New Multi-Million Dollar Mansion
- Sami Zayn Reveals New T-Shirt For Charity, ROH’s 500th Episode & More
- Twins-Angels games PPD due to COVID concerns
- DeGrom strikes out 9 in row, 14 in all, in win