Danish driver Oliver Rasmussen has been confirmed as HWA Racelab’s third Formula 3 driver, completing the team’s line-up for the 2021 season.
The 20-year-old joins the already confirmed Matteo Nannini and Rafael Villagomez.
Rasmussen scored podiums in the ADAC and Italian Formula 4 Championships before then stepping up to Formula Regional European, winning six races, with a total of 13 podiums, to finish third. He made his debut for HWA in the 2020 post-season tests at Jerez and Barcelona.
“Participating in FIA Formula 3 is a milestone in my career,” said Rasmussen. “Together with HWA we will do our best to be competitive. I hope we grow in strength together and emerge from the coming season as one of the best teams and me as one of the best drivers.”
Team principal Thomas Strick added: “Oliver’s performance in the 2020 Formula Regional European Championship was impressive. Six wins and 13 podiums speak for themselves. It shows that he has the potential to produce top performances at the high level of FIA Formula 3.
“We will support him as well as possible, to allow him to make the most of this huge potential out on the track. Our line-up for the FIA Formula 3 season is now complete. We are pleased to have once again found a good mix of individual personalities who will complement each other within the team.”
The signing means Enzo Fittipaldi will depart the team and is likely to move to the Indy Lights championship.
- Ohtani (fatigue) has Tuesday start pushed back
- Big collision sends Dozier to IL; Abreu day-to-day
- Cesaro Reveals Why His Pairing With Paul Heyman Didn’t Work, More
- PHOTO: Becky Lynch Is Back In The Gym Training
- Grosjean claims maiden IndyCar pole at Indy GP
- Argos announce 2021 coaching staff
- Predicting Round 1 of the 2021 Stanley Cup Playoffs
- Newgarden leads VeeKay in second IndyCar practice session
- UNLV Rebels: CFN College Football Preview 2021
- Stanley Cup Playoffs betting guide: Odds, picks, props and more