Juan Pablo Montoya has set the fastest time for Acura Team Penske in the first free practice session ahead of the Acura Sports Car Challenge at Mid-Ohio.
Montoya climbed to the top of the timing sheets in the dying seconds of the session, setting a 01:13:057 during his final flying lap in the #6 Acura ARX-05 to go quickest. He was 0.236 faster than Pipo Derani in the #31 Whelen Engineering Cadillac DPi-VR.
Ricky Taylor was third fastest in the sister Acura, ahead of newly crowned Le Mans class winner Harry Tincknell in the #55 Mazda RT24-P in fourth and Tristan Nunez in fifth in the #77 Mazda RT24-P.
Sebastien Bourdais was sixth quickest in the #5 Mustang Sampling Cadillac, ahead of newly confirmed Acura DPi team Wayne Taylor Racing in seventh, with Renger van der Zande behind the wheel of the #10 Cadillac.
Tristan Vautier brought up the rear in class in the #85 JDC-Miller Motorsports Cadillac, which he shares with compatriot and DPi debutant Gabriel Aubry this weekend.
Corvette, meanwhile, topped the timesheets in a GTLM field that counts just four cars this weekend after Porsche withdrew its entry following positive COVID-19 tests for team membersat the 24 Hours of Le Mans last weekend.
Antonio Garcia led the way in the #3 Corvette C8.R with a 01:19:690, three tenths clear of team-mate Tommy Milner in the #4 Corvette. John Edwards was third fastest in the #24 BMW M8 GTE, ahead of the #25 of Bruno Spengler, another driver fresh off competing in the 24 Hours of Le Mans.
All-time victory record holder Bill Auberlen topped GTD with a 01:21:861 in the #96 Turner Motorsports BMW M6 GT3, ahead of the #14 AIM Vasser Sullivan Lexus RC F GT3 of Jack Hawksworth and Alvaro Parente in the #57 Meyer Shank Racing Acura NSX GT3 Evo.
- Braun Strowman Defends Raquel Gonzalez After Disrespectful Fan Comment
- Triple H Discusses The Current State Of WWE NXT
- Betting Bullets: Online sportsbook launches from Nationals Park
- How HEROS is changing hockey culture one child at a time
- Steinberg’s MMQB: Biggest FA departures in the East
- Burn Serious Calories Outdoors with These 5 Fun Summer Activities
- W Series to be shown in 175 markets as it strikes new broadcast deals
- Rosenqvist focused on recovery after ‘most violent’ crash of career
- Suzuki-Pacioretty trade headlines unlikely Canadiens-Golden Knights series
- Ericsson, after eight years, revels in winning feeling