Mercedes Formula 1 junior driver Paul Aron will race in the Formula Regional European Championship by Alpine in 2021, making a return to the Prema team.
Aron raced for the Italian squad in the 2019 German and Italian Formula 4 Championships, finishing third in the standings in the latter.
In 2020, the Estonian moved to Formula Renault Eurcocup with ART Grand Prix, scoring just a single podium on his way to 11th in the Drivers’ standings.
This year marks the third campaign of the Formula Regional European Championship, which has merged with Formula Renault Eurocup, and sees Aron join Ferrari junior Dino Beganovic and David Vidales at Prema.
“I can’t express how thankful I am for this opportunity,” Aron said. “I’m super happy to be back with Prema for the 2021 Formula Regional European Championship by Alpine.
“The team is like a second family for me. We managed to do an amazing year together in Formula 4, and I am sure they are just the ingredient I need to make a successful year in 2021. Can’t wait for the season to start!”
Prema founder and Team Principal Angelo Rosin added: “It’s great to welcome Paul back with us.
“He impressed us in his debut season in car racing, and we are looking forward to seeing how he progressed and matured.
“We are sure he has outstanding potential and the fact that he already knows the car-engine package means that he will be an even more valuable asset.”
- Ohtani (fatigue) has Tuesday start pushed back
- Big collision sends Dozier to IL; Abreu day-to-day
- Cesaro Reveals Why His Pairing With Paul Heyman Didn’t Work, More
- PHOTO: Becky Lynch Is Back In The Gym Training
- Grosjean claims maiden IndyCar pole at Indy GP
- Argos announce 2021 coaching staff
- Predicting Round 1 of the 2021 Stanley Cup Playoffs
- Newgarden leads VeeKay in second IndyCar practice session
- UNLV Rebels: CFN College Football Preview 2021
- Stanley Cup Playoffs betting guide: Odds, picks, props and more