Kamui Kobayashi and Kazuki Nakajima have finally had their test outing behind the wheel of Toyota’s new GR010 Hybrid Hypercar at Aragon, after a previous outing had to be abandoned due to heavy snowfall.
The two Japanese stars were the only one who had yet to carry out their first drives in Toyota’s new car. The pairing was unable to attend the first test at Paul Ricard in October due to a schedule clash with the Japanese Super Formula series, which had a round at Sugo on the same date.
Their schedule then clashed yet again when a second test was undertaken at Portimao in December, when Kobayashi and Nakajima were racing in the Super Formula title decider at Fuji.
When the duo were then finally scheduled to drive the GR010 Hybrid at Motorland Aragon last month, heavy snowfall prevented the test from taking place.
A replacement test was instead scheduled at Aragon this week, which allowed the two drivers to finally sample Toyota’s new Hypercar for the first time. The test, which was attended by the rest of Toyota’s WEC driver roster, also included night running.
The GR010 Hybrid will make its racing debut at the 8 Hours of Portimao season opener in April, facing off against Alpine and Scuderia Cameron Glickenhaus.
The latter was originally to skip the first round when it was still to be held at Sebring, but has said that it is now aiming to make the grid for the first race of the 2021 season.
- Ohtani (fatigue) has Tuesday start pushed back
- Big collision sends Dozier to IL; Abreu day-to-day
- Cesaro Reveals Why His Pairing With Paul Heyman Didn’t Work, More
- PHOTO: Becky Lynch Is Back In The Gym Training
- Grosjean claims maiden IndyCar pole at Indy GP
- Argos announce 2021 coaching staff
- Predicting Round 1 of the 2021 Stanley Cup Playoffs
- Newgarden leads VeeKay in second IndyCar practice session
- UNLV Rebels: CFN College Football Preview 2021
- Stanley Cup Playoffs betting guide: Odds, picks, props and more