Jenzer Motorsport has retained Australian driver Calan Williams for a second year in the FIA Formula 3 Championship.
Williams made his debut in the series last year with the Swiss-based team but failed to score points across the season, with his best result being a handful of P14 finishes.
The 20-year-old was with Jenzer at last year’s post-season F3 tests, with the team commenting that Williams performed “exceptionally” at the events.
“I’m really looking forward to competing another season with Jenzer, there was quite a few times where we showed the potential in 2020,” Williams said.
“We started our 2021 preparations at the recent tests in Barcelona and Jerez very strongly, so I’m looking forward to what we can achieve together.
“The first few races are so important. You want to run at the front, have some good performances and get some points on the board. That’s huge not only for the driver’s confidence, but the team as well.”
Jenzer struggled in the F3 field last year, scoring just 11 points across the year at the hands of Matteo Nannini, who finished 10th in the Barcelona Feature Race before following it up with a 3rd place result in the Sprint Race.
Despite the tough season it endured in 2020, Williams is hopeful that the upcoming year will be a new chapter for the team, consisting of stronger results.
“I believe this year is going to be a strong one,” he said. “There’s plenty of confidence and belief after the testing, but there is certainly no complacency and both myself and Jenzer are working hard to extract every fraction of performance that we can.”
Jenzer states that Williams will return to Europe at the end of January to begin his programme with the team.
The 2021 F3 season is scheduled to begin in Barcelona on May 7, supporting the F1 Spanish Grand Prix weekend.
- Sasha Banks Discusses WWE Travel Schedule
- Dax Harwood Names WWE Star He Wants In AEW
- George Armstrong, Maple Leafs legend and long-time captain, dead at 90
- How timing and circumstance finally allowed the Blue Jays to land a star
- F1 ‘in discussions’ with new manufacturers claims Domenicali
- Magnussen tops Roar 24 night practice
- 5 Best Bet NFL Predictions: Conference Championships
- Canucks fail to apply hard lessons learned as early-season slide continues
- PHOTO: Becky Lynch Posts A New Photo Of Herself & Her Daughter
- The WWE Network Adds New Indie Content, Total Bellas Marathon Set, The Rock