Antonio Fuoco and Robert Shwartzman will carry out Formula 1 test duties for Ferrari in the post-season gathering in Abu Dhabi.
Formula 1 teams will stay on at the Yas Marina Circuit for a day of post-season running on December 15, with drivers who have started no more than two grands prix eligible to participate.
Fuoco has been affiliated with Ferrari since 2013 and has taken on a development and simulator role since graduating from its Academy at the end of 2018, when he finished seventh in Formula 2.
The Italian piloted Ferrari’s Formula 1 machinery during in-season test days in 2015, 2016 and 2019.
“I’m very happy to get back behind the wheel of a real car, having done so many virtual laps in the SF1000 in the simulator,” he said.
“It’s very useful for someone in my position, to be able from time to time to get into a car and check the correlation between the tools I usually use and how the car actually behaves on track.”
Shwartzman, last year’s Formula 3 champion, currently holds fifth in the Formula 2 standings and is an outside contender for the title.
He was briefly linked with a Formula 1 seat for 2021 but he is expected to remain in junior competition, with Alfa Romeo retaining its line-up, and Haas poised to recruit Mick Schumacher and Nikita Mazepin.
“It’s exciting to know that I will be driving the SF1000 in Abu Dhabi immediately after the end of the Formula 1 season,” said Shwartzman.
“I was able to try the SF71H at Fiorano at the end of September and it was incredible, even though that car is almost three years old now.
“I can’t wait to jump into the 2020 car and get out on track alongside so many of the drivers I’ve been racing against in Formula 2. I plan to enjoy every single minute of this great experience.”
Fellow Ferrari-backed youngster Callum Ilott will carry out running for Alfa Romeo at Yas Marina.
- Davies, three others combine to no-hit Dodgers
- Kiermaier ends no-hit bid after BoSox pull Pivetta
- Arizona Wildcats: CFN College Football Preview 2021
- Canadiens fans erupt after Montreal clinches spot in Stanley Cup Final
- Impact Wrestling News – Tommy Dreamer’s New On-Screen Role, Purrazzo vs. Susan
- Violent By Design Retain Impact Tag Titles & More (Highlights)
- Canadiens advance to Stanley Cup Final after defeating Golden Knights in Game 6
- REDBLACKS release six players
- Berra given first-class honor with U.S. stamp
- Indy Lights veteran Norman to make IndyCar debut in Mid-Ohio