Formula E officials have postponed planned early 2021 rounds in Mexico and China as the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic continues to affect motorsport.
Formula E previously outlined its provisional Season 7 calendar with a round in Mexico City on February 13 and a return to Sanya on March 13.
But these have now been indefinitely postponed until later in 2021.
The planned season-opener in Santiago, Chile, has now been expanded to a double-header, which will take place across January 16/17.
The event will be run behind closed doors.
The following two rounds will take place in Diriyah, Saudi Arabia, across February 26/27, and organisers hope to allow spectators to attend the event.
Formula E’s provisional calendar has planned events in Rome, Paris, Monaco, Seoul, Berlin, London and New York between April and July 2021.
Formula E’s 2019/20 campaign was heavily disrupted by the pandemic and six races were held privately at Berlin’s former Tempelhof Airport in order to finish the season.
“We are focused on racing in as many of our international host cities as possible, sticking as closely to our planned and previously announced calendar as we can,” read a statement.
“In all decision-making we prioritise the health and safety of our staff and the entire Formula E community of teams, manufacturers, partners, drivers and fans, as well as the citizens and residents of the cities in which we race.
“Formula E will continue to work with local authorities to monitor the situation and is in constant communication with its community of teams, manufacturers, partners, broadcasters and drivers.
“The next set of races will be confirmed in early 2021. All calendar updates are subject to approval of the FIA World Motor Sport Council.”
- WWE NXT 2.0 Group Could Be Called Up To The Main Roster Soon
- NHL investigating Evander Kane for possible league COVID protocol violation
- House Of Glory Returns With Featured Match – Amazing Red Vs. Will Ospreay
- Ticats add Bralon Addison to active roster
- From The Editor’s Desk: It’s time for Week 9
- Schumacher targets regular points with Haas in 2022
- Change at Mercedes for 2022 – but whose team will it be?
- 5 Maple Leafs notes: Marner willing to try ‘something new’ on power play
- White Sox P Rodon to test sore arm in Wed. start
- Giants 1B Belt has broken thumb; status unclear