Eight of the 10 Formula 1 teams have stayed on in Abu Dhabi for a one-day post-season test at the Yas Marina Circuit.
Tuesday’s test will last just a single day, marking the last official F1 session until pre-season testing begins on March 2 next year.
Mercedes will run its Formula E line-up of Stoffel Vandoorne and 2019 Formula 2 Champion Nyck de Vries during the day, marking the first opportunity behind the wheel of Formula 1 machinery for the Dutchman.
Red Bull will field its reserve drivers Juri Vips and Sebastien Buemi, with the former getting his first outing in a modern F1 car at the Yas Marina.
Antonio Fuoco and Formula 2’s Robert Shwartzman will test for Ferrari, while controversy surrounds Fernando Alonso’s outing with Renault, who will be joined by the team’s academy driver Guanyu Zhou.
The test was originally earmarked for young drivers but Renault lobbied the FIA for Alonso, who has not raced in Formula 1 since 2018, to participate, and received the required clearance.
AlphaTauri will field an all-Japanese line-up consisting of Yuki Tsunoda, who has been heavily linked to the team for a full-time 2021 drive, and Marino Sato.
Robert Kubica, who has taken part in five FP1 sessions this year with Alfa Romeo, will test again with the team in Abu Dhabi, alongside 2020 F2 runner-up Callum Ilott.
Haas will run with its 2021 driver Mick Schumacher, who received his first FP1 outing with the team at the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix last weekend.
Finally, Williams will run Jack Aitken and Roy Nissany, who are both part of the Grove-based squad’s academy. Aitken made his race debut for the team in Bahrain, subbing for George Russell.
McLaren and Racing Point have elected not to participate in the test.
- WWE NXT 2.0 Group Could Be Called Up To The Main Roster Soon
- NHL investigating Evander Kane for possible league COVID protocol violation
- House Of Glory Returns With Featured Match – Amazing Red Vs. Will Ospreay
- Ticats add Bralon Addison to active roster
- From The Editor’s Desk: It’s time for Week 9
- Schumacher targets regular points with Haas in 2022
- Change at Mercedes for 2022 – but whose team will it be?
- 5 Maple Leafs notes: Marner willing to try ‘something new’ on power play
- White Sox P Rodon to test sore arm in Wed. start
- Giants 1B Belt has broken thumb; status unclear