Era Motorsport, recent LMP2 winners at the Rolex 24 at Daytona, have confirmed that they will be contesting the remainder of the IMSA WeatherTech Sportscar Championship.
The team becomes the fourth LMP2 squad to confirm a full-season entries, joining PR1/Mathiasen Motorsports, Tower Motorsport and the new WIN Autosport outfit.
Dwight Merriman and Kyle Tilley once again team up to pilot the #18 ORECA 07-Gibson, with Ryan Dalziel completing the line-up for the three remaining Michelin Endurance Cup rounds.
“I’m thrilled to be able to announce our full-season effort,” said team owner and driver Kyle Tilley. “Our season last year was cut short, but it looks like we’ll certainly be making up for the lost track time in 2021.
“We had a strong run in last year’s Rolex 24 at Daytona, which was our first IMSA race as a team. This year, we won, which felt like an incredible feat considering how competitive the field was this year. It still hasn’t settled in yet.
“We had decided before the race that we’d enter the full season, and starting the season off with winning the biggest race of the year is just further motivation to run the entire schedule.”
The team’s Rolex 24 win was its first victory since joining the championship in 2020. It’s debut season was cut short following Dwight Merriman’s crash in practice at the 24 Hours of Le Mans,
- Ohtani (fatigue) has Tuesday start pushed back
- Big collision sends Dozier to IL; Abreu day-to-day
- Cesaro Reveals Why His Pairing With Paul Heyman Didn’t Work, More
- PHOTO: Becky Lynch Is Back In The Gym Training
- Grosjean claims maiden IndyCar pole at Indy GP
- Argos announce 2021 coaching staff
- Predicting Round 1 of the 2021 Stanley Cup Playoffs
- Newgarden leads VeeKay in second IndyCar practice session
- UNLV Rebels: CFN College Football Preview 2021
- Stanley Cup Playoffs betting guide: Odds, picks, props and more