Edoardo Mortara set the pace in the opening session of Formula E pre-season testing, topping the timesheets at a damp Circuit Ricardo Tormo in Valencia.
The ROKiT Venturi Racing driver completed 43 laps of the Spanish venue en route to his 1m 18.148s time which was enough to outpace reigning Formula E champion Antonio Felix da Costa by 0.031s.
The three-hour session was stopped on two occasions, with Dragon / Penske Autosport’s Sergio Sette Camara causing the first red flag while Nissan’s Sebastien Buemi brought out the second.
By completing 46 laps, new Mahindra Racing recruit Alexander Sims completed more running than any other driver in the session and placed fourth overall, with NIO 333’s Oliver Turvey taking third.
Sette Camara, who later got back out on track after his early stoppage, completed the top five, placing ahead of debutant Nick Cassidy who fronted Envision Virgin Racing’s efforts in sixth, with team-mate Robin Frijns taking eighth.
Rene Rast split the Silverstone-based team by producing the seventh-fastest time for Audi, with Jake Dennis taking ninth for BMW.
Sam Bird completed the top 10 for Jaguar Racing.
- Night of 11 aces: Bieber-Giolito doesn’t disappoint; Snell falls apart
- Contreras lets bat talk against Brewers after HBP
- Andrade’s First Post-WWE Appearance Revealed – Details
- Taz Upset With WWE’s Snub Of Him After 24th Anniversary Of ECW Barely Legal Tweet
- Maple Leafs’ Rittich impresses under challenging circumstances
- Flames’ Lucic turns back clock with complete performance in 1,000th game
- NFL Draft Safety Rankings 2021: From The College Perspective
- Representing Finland in CFL would be ‘a dream come true’ for Mulumba
- Duffy latest Cub to hit COVID related injured list
- Cleveland’s Chang shows racist msgs. after error