Edoardo Mortara set the pace in the opening session of Formula E pre-season testing, topping the timesheets at a damp Circuit Ricardo Tormo in Valencia.
The ROKiT Venturi Racing driver completed 43 laps of the Spanish venue en route to his 1m 18.148s time which was enough to outpace reigning Formula E champion Antonio Felix da Costa by 0.031s.
The three-hour session was stopped on two occasions, with Dragon / Penske Autosport’s Sergio Sette Camara causing the first red flag while Nissan’s Sebastien Buemi brought out the second.
By completing 46 laps, new Mahindra Racing recruit Alexander Sims completed more running than any other driver in the session and placed fourth overall, with NIO 333’s Oliver Turvey taking third.
Sette Camara, who later got back out on track after his early stoppage, completed the top five, placing ahead of debutant Nick Cassidy who fronted Envision Virgin Racing’s efforts in sixth, with team-mate Robin Frijns taking eighth.
Rene Rast split the Silverstone-based team by producing the seventh-fastest time for Audi, with Jake Dennis taking ninth for BMW.
Sam Bird completed the top 10 for Jaguar Racing.
- Tanaka returns to Japan after 7 years with Yanks
- Grading the Yankees’ offseason? All depends on whom you ask
- McLaren sets launch date for Mercedes-powered MCL35M
- Kansas vs TCU Prediction, College Basketball Game Preview
- Houston vs Tulane Prediction, College Basketball Game Preview
- Gonzaga vs San Diego Prediction, College Basketball Game Preview
- WALTER Coming To NXT Shortly?, AEW Extra Appears On NXT, More
- Karrion Kross To Feud With Santos Escobar?, WWE NXT Main Event Highlights
- SEC Football Schedule 2021 Composite, Top Games To Watch Each Week
- SEC Football Schedule 2021: Winners, Losers, 5 Things You Need To Know