Louis Deletraz topped the timesheets for MP Motorsport on the third and final day of FIA Formula 2 testing at the Bahrain International Circuit.
The Swiss driver set his best time of a 1:41.872 during the morning session, in which most of the field was focusing on short runs, prior to switching focus to race simulations in the afternoon.
Red Bull junior Jehan Daruvala finished 0.133s down on Deletraz as he remained with Carlin while Juri Vips classified third for Hitech Grand Prix.
Williams development driver Dan Ticktum finished fourth for Carlin, ahead of Hitech’s Liam Lawson, ensuring Red Bull-affiliated drivers finished second, third and fifth on the last day of action.
Lirim Zendeli was sixth as he completed his first F2 outing with MP Motorsport while Felipe Drugovich was quickest in the afternoon, placing seventh overall, for 2021 team UNI-Virtuosi.
Campos Racing claimed eighth and ninth respectively, with 2021 signing Ralph Boschung ahead of F3 graduate Logan Sargeant, while Guilherme Samaia capped the top 10 for Charouz Racing System.
Formula 2 action has now concluded for 2020 with the first race of the 2021 campaign set to get underway back in Bahrain on March 27, where a new three-race weekend format will be used.
- Big Ten Expansion. What Does The Conference Do Now?: Daily Cavalcade
- White Sox activate DH Jimenez off IL Monday
- Padres get Frazier from Pirates for three players
- AEW Donates $100,000 To Support Charlotte’s “Safe Alliance’
- Tony Khan & Other AEW EVPs Flew To Chicago To Film Footage This Past Sunday
- Nye: Inside the Riders’ Green and White game
- Four undervalued UFAs who could be bargains when free agency opens
- Lions release 18, including QB Will Arndt
- WEC unveils more details on Bahrain double header
- Maple Leafs 2021 Free Agency Preview: Needs, targets, issues