Chip Ganassi Racing has announced that it will employ Alex Palou to drive the #10 Honda for the 2021 IndyCar season.
Palou will take the ride of the departing Felix Rosenqvist, and will complete an expanded four-car lineup for the team along with Scott Dixon, Marcus Ericsson, and Jimmie Johnson.
“To say I’m thrilled or excited to be making this step in my career would be an understatement,” said Palou.
“Driving for Chip Ganassi is just a dream come true. I’ve followed the team for as long as I can remember, and it’s the kind of team and owner any driver would want to race for.
“Scott [Dixon] has had another tremendous season, reaching 50 wins and a sixth title, so you absolutely couldn’t ask for anything more in a team-mate.
“I can’t wait to work with Marcus [Ericsson] and Jimmie [Johnson] as well, and to start contributing to the team and getting to spend more time with everyone.”
Palou just wrapped up his rookie season in IndyCar with Dale Coyne Racing, coming into the series from a background of Super Formula and Super GT.
The 23-year-old Spanish driver was paired with Santino Ferrucci for this past season, and earned three top-10 finishes along with a single podium in the 14-race season.
Obviously CGR feels the rookie has room to grow, and it felt confident bringing in Palou to drive alongside some more experienced racers for next season.
“I love to watch the growth of young drivers,” said Mike Hull, Managing Director of Chip Ganassi Racing.
“This year racing Indy cars has been very difficult for young drivers like Alex who hadn’t had the opportunity to visually see the tracks in advance, nor have days of practice in private team testing, or open testing or three-day weekends.
“Putting that into perspective, he did a heck of a job. We had an opening, and he became available, and Chip has a great eye for talent.
“Alex has that spark, that intangible thing you combine with talent that is a lot of fun.”
- Alonso ‘felt 300 per cent more confident’ through race
- Ole Miss Rebels: CFN College Football Preview 2021
- Duke Blue Devils: CFN College Football Preview 2021
- Maple Leafs’ Nylander rises to Keefe’s challenge after missed meeting
- Canucks emerging from darkest weeks with brightest performances
- A Video Of Mick Foley’s Appearance On “Pawn Stars”, Big NJPW Stipulation
- WWE NXT News – Franky Monet Interrupts Io Shirai, Ted Dibiase Sr. Appears
- MLB, union meet for 1st CBA talks, sources say
- A statement from the CFL on the murder of George Floyd
- Ex-NFL Star AJ Francis Says He’s Waiting For His Opportunity To Make WWE Debut