Helio Castroneves has set the pace for Acura Team Penske for the second practice at the Acura Sports Car Challenge at Mid-Ohio.
The triple Indy 500 winner set a best time of 01:11:395 in the #7 Acura ARX-05, 0.192s faster than the #10 Wayne Taylor Racing Cadillac DPi-VR in the hands of Renger van der Zande.
Castroneves’ team-mate Dane Cameron was third fastest in the #6 Acura, ahead of the #31 Whelen Engineering Cadillac DPi-VR of Pipo Derani. The top five was completed by the #55 Mazda RT24-P with Jonathan Bomarito behind the wheel.
Corvette Racing continue to look strong in GTLM in Porsche’s absence, with the American marque once again topping the timesheets. Jordan Taylor was fastest in the #3 Corvette C8.R with a best time 01:18:688, 0.260s quicker than the #4 Corvette of Oliver Gavin. The two BMWs brought the rear in class again.
Aaron Telitz led the way for AIM Vasser Sullivan in a one-two for the pair of Lexus RC F GT3s. Telitz set a 01:20.465 in the #14 Lexus RC F GT3, beating team-mate Frankie Montecalvo by 0.289s.
Matt McMurry, fresh off an appearance in the 24 Hours of Le Mans, put the #86 Meyer Shank Racing Acura NSX GT3 Evo in third place ahead of the #96 Turner Motorsports BMW M6 GT3.
After suffering electrical issues on Friday, the #30 Team Hardpoint Audi R8 LMS GT3 Evo returned to the track, ensuring that all 24 cars entered for the event set laptimes during the session.
- Verstappen never found rhythm during ‘very tricky’ qualifying
- Hamilton: Fastest Q3 lap at Imola was pretty poor
- Landry: Taking a trip to CFL Town on Halloween
- Best of Halloween: Spooks and scares from across sports world
- WWE Applies To Trademark More NXT UK Stars Ring Names
- Bobby Lashley Responds To Sami Zayn Saying Intercontinental Title Is Better Than United States Championship
- Predicted Liverpool starting line-up vs West Ham I Tv info I Live stream
- The New York Islanders’ Dynasty-era Softball Team
- ChiSox decline options on Encarnacion, Gonzalez
- Hinch joins Tigers, who called ‘minutes’ after WS