Helio Castroneves has set the pace for Acura Team Penske for the second practice at the Acura Sports Car Challenge at Mid-Ohio.
The triple Indy 500 winner set a best time of 01:11:395 in the #7 Acura ARX-05, 0.192s faster than the #10 Wayne Taylor Racing Cadillac DPi-VR in the hands of Renger van der Zande.
Castroneves’ team-mate Dane Cameron was third fastest in the #6 Acura, ahead of the #31 Whelen Engineering Cadillac DPi-VR of Pipo Derani. The top five was completed by the #55 Mazda RT24-P with Jonathan Bomarito behind the wheel.
Corvette Racing continue to look strong in GTLM in Porsche’s absence, with the American marque once again topping the timesheets. Jordan Taylor was fastest in the #3 Corvette C8.R with a best time 01:18:688, 0.260s quicker than the #4 Corvette of Oliver Gavin. The two BMWs brought the rear in class again.
Aaron Telitz led the way for AIM Vasser Sullivan in a one-two for the pair of Lexus RC F GT3s. Telitz set a 01:20.465 in the #14 Lexus RC F GT3, beating team-mate Frankie Montecalvo by 0.289s.
Matt McMurry, fresh off an appearance in the 24 Hours of Le Mans, put the #86 Meyer Shank Racing Acura NSX GT3 Evo in third place ahead of the #96 Turner Motorsports BMW M6 GT3.
After suffering electrical issues on Friday, the #30 Team Hardpoint Audi R8 LMS GT3 Evo returned to the track, ensuring that all 24 cars entered for the event set laptimes during the session.
- Wary of bans, Cora speaks to Sox about changes
- Glasnow blames MLB crackdown for UCL injury
- Western Michigan Broncos: CFN College Football Preview 2021
- WWE Congratulates Renee Paquette On The Birth Of Her Baby Girl, & More
- Suge D Wasn’t Happy With Billy Corgan Removing Him From The NWA Talent List
- Teams to face new tyre pressure checks following Baku failures
- The Waggle, Ep. 266: Path to kickoff w/ Commissioner Ambrosie
- Roughriders sign American LB Deon Lacey
- Austin Ekeler continues to ‘pound’ His Way toward NFL Elite Status
- Pirelli concludes investigation into Azerbaijan tyre failures