AJ Allmendinger has set the fastest time in the second free practice session for the Rolex 24 at Daytona.
Allmendinger set a 01:34.287 behind the wheel of the #60 Meyer Shank Racing Acura ARX-05. It marks the first time one of the Acura teams has topped a session in 2021, and the first fastest time for Meyer Shank Racing since returning to the top class of the IMSA WeatherTech Sportscar Championship.
Kamui Kobayashi was second fastest in the #48 Ally Cadillac Racing Cadillac DPi-VR, 0.232s behind Allmendinger. The Japanese ace pipped the #01 Chip Ganassi Racing Cadillac of Scott Dixon for second at the last moment, demoting Dixon down to third.
Sebastien Bourdais was fourth in the #5 Mustang Sampling Cadillac DPi-VR, with the top five completed by the #55 Mazda RT24-P in the hands of Jonathan Bomarito.
Mikkel Jensen put PR1/Mathiasen Motorsports on top in LMP2, lapping Daytona International Speedway in a time of 01:35:979 behind the wheel of the #52 ORECA 07-Gibson. Jensen beat out Matthieu Vaxiviere’s #8 Tower Motorsport ORECA, with Robert Kubica third in the #20 High Class Racing ORECA.
GTLM runners outperformed almost all of the LMP3 teams in the second session, with the notable exception of Riley Motorsports’ Dylan Murry. Murry’s best time of 01:43:175 in the #91 Ligier JS P320 was quicker than the pair of BMW M8 GTEs, while also beating out team-mate Scott Andrews in the #74 Ligier by 0.395s.
In GTLM, Gianmaria Bruni propelled WeatherTech Racing to the top of the timesheets. The WEC regular posted a 1:42.600 in the #79 Porsche 911 RSR-19, 0.154s faster than Risi Competizione’s James Calado and ahead of the two Corvettes of Antonio Garcia and Milner.
All four men outperformed Murry’s Ligier, with Philipp Eng and Augusto Farfus slower in fifth and sixth for BMW Team RLL.
Mirko Bortolotti put GRT Grasser Racing Team on top in GTD, as the Italian posted a best time of 01:45.690 in the #111 Lamborghini Huracan GT3 Evo.
The Lamborghini factory driver outpaced a trio of Porsches, with Hugh Plumb second for TeamTGM, Katherine Legge third for Team Hardpoint EBM and Laurens Vanthoor fourth for Pfaff Motorsports. Spencer Pumpelly completed the top three in the #44 Magnus with Archangel Acura NSX GT3 Evo.
Practice for the Rolex 24 at Daytona continues with a night session at 7:15 PM ET.
- Both Teams To Score Tips For Accumulators: Best BTTS Tips Today Thursday 26th May 2022
- Horse Racing Each-way Tip Of The Day | Sandown Tip On Thurs 26th May
- Yanks put slugger Stanton on IL with sore ankle
- Minimum salary, maximum impact: Bozak’s OT goal keeps Blues alive vs. Avs
- WWE RAW Commentator Jimmy Smith Comes To The Defense Of Corey Graves
- Sting Pulled From AEW Double Or Nothing Due To Injury, CM Punk/Hangman Page
- Indiana Hoosiers Preview 2022: Season Prediction, Breakdown, Key Games, Players
- Indiana Hoosiers Top 10 Players: College Football Preview 2022
- Rays’ Raley feeling for hometown after shooting
- No matter what the Flames face, Chris Sutter will do his part to help his father