Williams has retained Jack Aitken as its official reserve driver for the upcoming Formula 1 season.
Aitken, 25, joined Williams for 2020 after spending four years affiliated with Renault as a junior and then as test driver.
Aitken was drafted into action at the Sakhir Grand Prix when he was called up to replace Mercedes-bound George Russell.
Williams has retained Russell and Nicholas Latifi as its driver line-up for 2021 and on Thursday the squad confirmed Aitken will stay on as its reserve.
“After providing me with one of the most special moments of my career to date last year, I am absolutely delighted to continue with Williams in the position of Reserve Driver,” said Aitken.
“In my short time at Grove I have already found many friends, and a deep desire for success as a team.
“The professionalism and work ethic of everyone here is something that makes me wear my kit with pride, and having had a taste of racing in last year’s Sakhir Grand Prix, I am fully intent on providing as much support as possible while continuing my development as a race driver.
“I will complement this role with other programmes, to be announced shortly, which will aid me in this goal and provide opportunities to expand my skills even further.”
- Brewers’ Yelich lands on IL with lower back strain
- Braves’ Kazmar plays in first MLB game since ’08
- Acosta prevails over Foggia to win Portuguese Moto3 encounter at the death
- Formula 1 announces 10-year Miami Grand Prix deal
- 2022 NFL Draft: Top 32 Pro Prospects First Look
- Oilers’ growth an extension of McDavid, Draisaitl’s own on-ice transformation
- The Rock & His Wife Purchase New Multi-Million Dollar Mansion
- Sami Zayn Reveals New T-Shirt For Charity, ROH’s 500th Episode & More
- Twins-Angels games PPD due to COVID concerns
- DeGrom strikes out 9 in row, 14 in all, in win