This week was when the winter meetings would have taken place in Dallas and the most relevant parts for fans — a bunch of team execs and agents in the same building trying to make moves happen — and for writers — mingling/drinking with the execs, agents and writer friends — didn’t happen, leaving only the writing about said roster moves.
The volume and impact of moves were down this year, as predicted and outlined in multiple previous articles, but there are a handful of clubs that did enough in the past week or so to shift how I think about their offseason — either by moves or indications of them.
- Verstappen leads Mercedes pair in Hungarian GP FP1
- Netflix to release new Schumacher documentary this year
- Bryce Young’s Name, Image, Likeness Deals Aren’t Enough: Daily Cavalcade
- Trade deadline tracker: Which big bats the Mets are eyeing now, plus our latest buzz
- Yankees acquire All-Star slugger Rizzo from Cubs
- Red Sox get All-Star Schwarber from Nationals
- Sources: Dodgers finalizing Scherzer, Turner deal
- Frankie Kazarian Returns To Impact Wrestling, 6-Man Tag Match Set For Next Week’s Impact
- Seth Rollins Says He Misses Brock Lesnar
- Blue Jackets sign defender Zach Werenski to six-year, $57.5M extension