The (virtual) winter meetings are in the books, but the offseason moves are just getting going.
Here are five things ESPN insider Jeff Passan is hearing about the trade and free-agent markets.
1. As the top of the market takes its sweet time developing, the interest in closer Liam Hendriks, far and away the best reliever available, is leading to an interesting array of teams ready to bid on his services, according to sources. The Chicago White Sox have been linked to Hendriks as his primary suitor, but a number of other teams in search of a closer — or simply more bullpen help — are prepared to pounce.
- Verstappen leads Mercedes pair in Hungarian GP FP1
- Netflix to release new Schumacher documentary this year
- Bryce Young’s Name, Image, Likeness Deals Aren’t Enough: Daily Cavalcade
- Trade deadline tracker: Which big bats the Mets are eyeing now, plus our latest buzz
- Yankees acquire All-Star slugger Rizzo from Cubs
- Red Sox get All-Star Schwarber from Nationals
- Sources: Dodgers finalizing Scherzer, Turner deal
- Frankie Kazarian Returns To Impact Wrestling, 6-Man Tag Match Set For Next Week’s Impact
- Seth Rollins Says He Misses Brock Lesnar
- Blue Jackets sign defender Zach Werenski to six-year, $57.5M extension