The deal includes an option, sources said, and has a number of escalators and a buyout. It is expected to fall in the $12-14 million guaranteed range.
Originally signed out of the Dominican Republic in 2007, Baez has posted a 3.03 ERA, 1.10 WHIP and 3.08 strikeout-to-walk ratio in 355 career appearances since 2014, while having what felt like a love-hate relationship with Dodgers fans because of some dramatic highs and lows.
Baez missed nearly a month with a groin injury in 2020 but still managed a 3.18 ERA and 1.00 WHIP in 17 regular-season innings.
Baez’s two-year agreement with the Astros, which is pending a physical, was first reported by the Los Angeles Times.
ESPN’s Alden Gonzalez contributed to this report.
- Sasha Banks Discusses WWE Travel Schedule
- Dax Harwood Names WWE Star He Wants In AEW
- George Armstrong, Maple Leafs legend and long-time captain, dead at 90
- How timing and circumstance finally allowed the Blue Jays to land a star
- F1 ‘in discussions’ with new manufacturers claims Domenicali
- Magnussen tops Roar 24 night practice
- 5 Best Bet NFL Predictions: Conference Championships
- Canucks fail to apply hard lessons learned as early-season slide continues
- PHOTO: Becky Lynch Posts A New Photo Of Herself & Her Daughter
- The WWE Network Adds New Indie Content, Total Bellas Marathon Set, The Rock