Arozarena had been detained Tuesday for a situation involving custody of his daughter, just weeks after he was named MVP of the American League Championship Series.
The Yucatan state prosecutors’ office confirmed Thursday that Arozarena was released because the former partner said any damages had been settled.
Arozarena has made no public comment, and it was not clear whether he had a lawyer.
The Yucatan state prosecutors’ office said Tuesday that Arozarena was detained “for problems relating to his ex-partner.”
It was not clear whether he was formally charged with any crime. Mexican law allows a two-day period for prosecutors to decide whether to bring charges. Normally suspects are held in jail pending that decision.
Local media reported that Arozarena married a Colombian woman earlier this month in Merida, the Yucatan state capital.
The Rays had said Tuesday that they were aware of the reports that Arozarena had been detained.
Arozarena hit .377 with 10 home runs and 14 RBIs in 20 postseason games for Tampa Bay.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Tanaka returns to Japan after 7 years with Yanks
- Grading the Yankees’ offseason? All depends on whom you ask
- McLaren sets launch date for Mercedes-powered MCL35M
- Kansas vs TCU Prediction, College Basketball Game Preview
- Houston vs Tulane Prediction, College Basketball Game Preview
- Gonzaga vs San Diego Prediction, College Basketball Game Preview
- WALTER Coming To NXT Shortly?, AEW Extra Appears On NXT, More
- Karrion Kross To Feud With Santos Escobar?, WWE NXT Main Event Highlights
- SEC Football Schedule 2021 Composite, Top Games To Watch Each Week
- SEC Football Schedule 2021: Winners, Losers, 5 Things You Need To Know