Eaton’s option was worth $10.5 million, and the Nationals will pay him a $1.5 million buyout. Sanchez’s option was worth $12 million and he will receive a $2 million buyout. Kendrick will receive a $2.25 million buyout after his $6.5 million mutual option was declined, while Thames will receive $1 million following the declining of his $4 million mutual option.
Eaton, 31, struggled at the plate this season, hitting just .226 with four home runs and 17 RBIs. He hit .320 in the 2019 World Series for the Nats, hitting two homers with six RBIs in helping Washington win its first title. Overall, in four seasons for Washington he hit .279 with 26 homers and 112 RBIs after being acquired in a 2016 trade that sent now-White Sox ace Lucas Giolito to Chicago. The White Sox also acquired right-handers Reynaldo Lopez and Dane Dunning in the deal.
Sanchez, 36, went 4-5 with a 6.62 ERA in 11 starts for Washington this season. In two seasons with the Nationals he was 15-13 with a 4.52 ERA in 41 starts. He was 1-1 in three starts in the 2019 postseason during Washington’s run to a championship.
Kendrick, 37, hit .275 with two home runs and 14 RBIs this season. In four seasons with Washington, he hit .316 with 30 home runs and 113 RBIs. He hit .280 with a home run and three RBIs during the World Series in 2019.
Thames, 33, hit .203 with three home runs and 12 RBIs for Washington in 2020, his first season with the club.
All four players are now free agents.
- Northwestern vs Michigan State Prediction, Game Preview
- Ball State vs Toledo Prediction, Game Preview
- Buffalo vs Kent State Prediction, Game Preview
- Triple H & William Regal Congratulate A-Kid On Winning The NXT UK Heritage Cup
- WWE Stock Drops, A “Bonus Clip” From Liv Morgan’s Documentary, The Rock, More
- Appalachian State vs Troy Prediction, Game Preview
- Renault: Engine freeze must suit F1, not just because Honda quit
- Arkansas State vs South Alabama Prediction, Game Preview
- Pirelli: Drivers were warned not to expect 2021 tyre ‘revolution’
- O’Leary: Stallions only waved the CFL flag