NEW YORK — – Former ABC baseball commentator Al Michaels has been voted the Ford C. Frick Award for broadcast excellence by baseball’s Hall of Fame.
Michaels, 76, will be honored during the Hall of Fame induction weekend in July.
Michaels became lead broadcaster on ABC’s “Monday Night Baseball” telecasts in 1983. He was in the booth when an earthquake struck at San Francisco’s Candlestick Park in 1989.
- Brewers’ Yelich lands on IL with lower back strain
- Braves’ Kazmar plays in first MLB game since ’08
- Acosta prevails over Foggia to win Portuguese Moto3 encounter at the death
- Formula 1 announces 10-year Miami Grand Prix deal
- 2022 NFL Draft: Top 32 Pro Prospects First Look
- Oilers’ growth an extension of McDavid, Draisaitl’s own on-ice transformation
- The Rock & His Wife Purchase New Multi-Million Dollar Mansion
- Sami Zayn Reveals New T-Shirt For Charity, ROH’s 500th Episode & More
- Twins-Angels games PPD due to COVID concerns
- DeGrom strikes out 9 in row, 14 in all, in win