Major League Baseball approved the roster move Wednesday.
According to its release, Dr. Gary Green, the league’s medical director, confirmed that Clevinger is dealing with an injury “after communicating with the evaluating physician, as well as reviewing Clevinger’s medical history.”
Clevinger threw only 24 pitches in Game 1 against the Dodgers and said after the game that he felt discomfort in his elbow. The Padres lost 5-1.
Clevinger will be replaced by right-handed pitcher Dan Altavilla on San Diego’s 28-man NLDS roster.
- Ric Flair & Tony Schiavone Pay Tribute To The Late Jim Crockett Jr.
- PHOTOS: Parker Boudreaux Training With Eva Marie
- O’Leary: Bruno Labelle is ready for his pro future
- Vettel gets first Aston Martin run at Silverstone shakedown
- Bahrain GP open to vaccinated, Covid-19 recovered fans
- NHL Power Rankings: Time To Step Up Edition
- Hurry Hard: Building a perfect CFL curling team
- Brad Treliving laments ‘inconsistent’ Flames amid trying season
- Feature: Mr. Le Mans opens up – Tom Kristensen on his book, career and ‘Le Mans superstition’
- Aitken stays on as Williams reserve driver for 2021