Major League Baseball approved the roster move Wednesday.
According to its release, Dr. Gary Green, the league’s medical director, confirmed that Clevinger is dealing with an injury “after communicating with the evaluating physician, as well as reviewing Clevinger’s medical history.”
Clevinger threw only 24 pitches in Game 1 against the Dodgers and said after the game that he felt discomfort in his elbow. The Padres lost 5-1.
Clevinger will be replaced by right-handed pitcher Dan Altavilla on San Diego’s 28-man NLDS roster.
- UCF vs Houston Prediction, Game Preview
- Temple vs Tulane Prediction, Game Preview
- NBA2K21 to include more WNBA-focused game modes
- Mercedes EQ retains Vandoorne and de Vries for Season 7
- Rosenqvist switch to Arrow McLaren SP confirmed
- Watch Panthers vs. Falcons: How to live stream, TV channel, start time for Thursday’s NFL game
- Rockies opt for $6 million buyout to IF Murphy
- Nationals decline ’21 options for Eaton, Sanchez
- Jets Mailbag: Is Winnipeg closer to being a Cup contender or rebuilding?
- Europa League Match Preview, Team News and Predicted Line-ups: Arsenal vs Dundalk