After a slow start to the offseason, the San Diego Padres have ignited the hot stove with a pair of blockbuster deals for starting pitchers. First, San Diego acquired 2018 AL Cy Young winner Blake Snell for prospects from the Tampa Bay Rays. Then the Padres turned around and added 2020 NL Cy Young runner-up Yu Darvish along with catcher Victor Caratini for right-hander Zach Davies and four young prospects in a blockbuster deal with the now-rebuilding Chicago Cubs. As if that wasn’t enough, San Diego also squeezed time for a free-agent signing by adding Korean infielder Ha-seong Kim.
Is San Diego’s holiday spree enough to catapult the Padres past the Los Angeles Dodgers as MLB’s team to beat? Will the moves be the biggest splash any team makes this winter? And what should the Cubs do next now that they have traded away their ace? We enlisted ESPN baseball experts Bradford Doolittle, Jesse Rogers and David Schoenfield to answer these questions and more.
- Both Teams To Score Tips For Accumulators: Best BTTS Tips Today Thursday 26th May 2022
- Horse Racing Each-way Tip Of The Day | Sandown Tip On Thurs 26th May
- Yanks put slugger Stanton on IL with sore ankle
- Minimum salary, maximum impact: Bozak’s OT goal keeps Blues alive vs. Avs
- WWE RAW Commentator Jimmy Smith Comes To The Defense Of Corey Graves
- Sting Pulled From AEW Double Or Nothing Due To Injury, CM Punk/Hangman Page
- Indiana Hoosiers Preview 2022: Season Prediction, Breakdown, Key Games, Players
- Indiana Hoosiers Top 10 Players: College Football Preview 2022
- Rays’ Raley feeling for hometown after shooting
- No matter what the Flames face, Chris Sutter will do his part to help his father