In return, the Athletics sent minor leaguers Greg Deichmann and Daniel Palencia to Chicago.
“Oakland is getting a really nice pitcher and a really nice human being who goes out and does his job. And a really good teammate,” Cubs manager David Ross said.
Chafin, 31, is having a stellar season. In 43 appearances, he has given up nine runs, including just one home run, and overall he is 0-2 with a 2.06 ERA and a 0.839 WHIP.
Chafin, though, has struggled recently, failing to record an out while giving up three runs on two hits and two walks in his last outing on Saturday against the Arizona Diamondbacks. It snapped a 24⅓-inning scoreless streak for the veteran.
Deichmann, a 26-year-old outfielder, was hitting .300 with four home runs and 34 RBIs for Las Vegas this season, his first in Triple-A. He was a second-round draft pick in 2017 out of LSU.
Palencia, a 21-year-old right-hander from Venezuela, is 0-2 with a 6.91 ERA over 14.1 innings for Low-A Stockton this season.
- WWE NXT 2.0 Group Could Be Called Up To The Main Roster Soon
- House Of Glory Returns With Featured Match – Amazing Red Vs. Will Ospreay
- Ticats add Bralon Addison to active roster
- From The Editor’s Desk: It’s time for Week 9
- Schumacher targets regular points with Haas in 2022
- Change at Mercedes for 2022 – but whose team will it be?
- White Sox P Rodon to test sore arm in Wed. start
- Giants 1B Belt has broken thumb; status unclear
- WWE RAW News – Karrion Kross Ends Jaxson Ryker’s Undefeated Streak, Priest/Sheamus
- WWE News News – Shayna Baszler Continues Her Dominance, Styles/Riddle