Acuna, who shares the major league lead with 10 home runs, was hit on his left hand by a 98 mph fastball from Sam Coonrod in the seventh inning. The pitch appeared to hit Acuna’s little finger on the bottom of the bat.
Acuna fell back, holding the hand in obvious pain. He was immediately escorted off the field, but X-rays came back negative on the finger.
“He was in good shape when I saw him after the game,” manager Brian Snitker said. “… I think we dodged the bullet. I think the ball hit the end of the bat and pinched his finger a little. .. Hopefully he’ll be right back in there tomorrow.”
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Braun Strowman Defends Raquel Gonzalez After Disrespectful Fan Comment
- Triple H Discusses The Current State Of WWE NXT
- How HEROS is changing hockey culture one child at a time
- Steinberg’s MMQB: Biggest FA departures in the East
- Burn Serious Calories Outdoors with These 5 Fun Summer Activities
- W Series to be shown in 175 markets as it strikes new broadcast deals
- Rosenqvist focused on recovery after ‘most violent’ crash of career
- Suzuki-Pacioretty trade headlines unlikely Canadiens-Golden Knights series
- Ericsson, after eight years, revels in winning feeling
- North Carolina Tar Heels: CFN College Football Preview 2021