Every guy who’s into fitness has some methodology, piece of equipment, or program they like over anything else. Some like to circuit train every day, some follow bodybuilding protocols, and still others participate in any number of fitness trends and fads.
There’s no “wrong” or “right” way to get fit or ripped—as long as you’re getting off the couch, moving your body, and resistance training in one way or another we couldn’t care less if you do Strongman, CrossFit, or bodyweight training. Considering that obesity rates are climbing all over the world, we’re happy with any gym routine that you stick to.
However, there is a list of exercises that has withstood the test of time, and these moves have become staples in every serious fitness buff’s plan. All of these can be done no matter what training methodology you prefer or gym you go to, and there’s serious scientific and anecdotal research to back up their benefits. You’ll see many of them done across multiple practices, which is further proof of their effectiveness.
We’ll start off with a few we’re pretty sure you’re already implementing into your routine, and then proceed to some less-popular, but still, vital moves. While these moves can, and should, be executed by everyone they’re especially important for men because of the effect they have on testosterone and your physique — ladies, we’ve compiled several lists that should be done by the fairer sex. Again, though, feel free to try some of these out, too—it’s the 21st Century after all.
- College Football Rankings: 1 To 130: Week 3
- Auer takes late pole for Sunday race at Assen
- Bombers battle through adversity in Edmonton
- AP Top 25 Poll, Rankings Prediction: Week 3
- Coaches Top 25 Poll powered by USA TODAY, Rankings Prediction: Week 3
- NFL Game Previews, Schedule, Predictions, Lines, How To Watch: Week 2
- Chicago vs Cincinnati Prediction, Game Preview
- Cleveland vs Houston Prediction, Game Preview
- Dodgers’ Bellinger diagnosed with rib fracture
- Pina homers twice as Brewers clinch playoff berth