Not even a week before he was set to compete in the 2020 Mr. Olympia, fan favorite Roelly Winklaar announced that he’s pulling out of bodybuilding’s biggest contest after he was diagnosed with Covid-19.
“I have tested positive for Covid-19 while in Turkey en route to the US,” Winklaar said in an Instagram post. “We have tried everything we possibly could but being Covid-19 positive there is really nothing else we can do. In the meantime some Covid-19 symptoms have presented and my focus is now on a full recovery.”
This marks the fifth competitor to drop out of the Open division—Cedric McMillan, 212 legend Flex Lewis, Nathan DeAsha, and James Hollingshead all withdrew from this year’s contest, each citing their own reason. Winklaar is the inaugural People’s Champ, a prize he won when he placed third at the 2018 Olympia.
To catch all of the exciting action of this year’s Olympia, visit OlympiaProductions.com
- Verstappen leads Mercedes pair in Hungarian GP FP1
- Netflix to release new Schumacher documentary this year
- Bryce Young’s Name, Image, Likeness Deals Aren’t Enough: Daily Cavalcade
- Trade deadline tracker: Which big bats the Mets are eyeing now, plus our latest buzz
- Yankees acquire All-Star slugger Rizzo from Cubs
- Red Sox get All-Star Schwarber from Nationals
- Sources: Dodgers finalizing Scherzer, Turner deal
- Frankie Kazarian Returns To Impact Wrestling, 6-Man Tag Match Set For Next Week’s Impact
- Seth Rollins Says He Misses Brock Lesnar
- Blue Jackets sign defender Zach Werenski to six-year, $57.5M extension