They say we are what we eat. Never a truer word has been spoken and you can look around and pretty much tell who eats right and who doesn’t. I look at today’s society and see obesity all around me starting with the kids right on up to the adults. TV reality shows are all popping up now with those like The Biggest Loser, Jillian Michael’s Losing It and specials on obesity and diabetes.
I don’t remember seeing this much coverage on weight in the 70s as it wasn’t as big a problem then or at least it wasn’t in the media. Today more people are on the run and want to eat quick so they pick those items that are full of sugars and fats and don’t stop to analyze what’s in it and what it will do to them. Some gain 100 lbs in no time and don’t even realize it until it’s there. Then they’re on to their 2nd 100 lbs.
When I was in school, we had cafeterias that took pride in their meals and were cooked by little old ladies in the back. Each meal was balanced and came with a lot of flavor as well. Today’s schools package meals and stick them in vending machines for the kids. It’s a no thought process.
I started my bodybuilding physique diet for the 70s diet in the 60s so you might say I was ahead of my time. But, I got most my information out of reading muscle magazines, which the average person would never read and even laugh at me for doing it. These articles began my structure to eat right and get results in my body.
The main diet for a bodybuilding physique in the 70s was high protein and low carb. It was Protein to build the muscle and less carb to reduce body fat. It made perfect sense to me and the others that trained. However when you would try to explain this to someone on the street, it would be an argument about how they liked to eat all the other foods. This wasn’t a case of like or dislike, but we would eat for results even if we didn’t like the food.
- Umpire: Didn’t ‘eject’ Orioles’ grounds crew
- MLB Power Rankings: Where all 30 teams stand as the top squads start to clinch
- Dovizioso confirmed at Petronas SRT for rest of 2021 and ’22, Morbidelli gets Yamaha factory deal
- Red Bull to hold Dallas F1 show run prior to US GP
- Pitt vs Western Michigan Prediction, Game Preview
- Missouri vs SE Missouri State Prediction, Game Preview
- Coastal Carolina at Buffalo Prediction, Game Preview
- Syracuse vs Albany Prediction, Game Preview
- Boston College vs Temple Prediction, Game Preview
- Mississippi State vs Memphis Prediction, Game Preview