Angelica Teixeira is a two-time Bikini Olympia champion, and a look at her training and diet regimen offers a brief explanation as to why she’s been at the top of this division over the past few years.
ANGELICA TEIXEIRA’S TRAINING DAY
“I usually have two meals, work with my online clients in between and have Skype posing clients, then after two meals I go to the gym and do my weight training, followed by 30 minutes of cardio (usually stairmaster or HIIT). When prepping for contests, I will add a second cardio session of 30 minutes at night, or sometimes fasted in the morning (usually inclined walk).”
Angelica’s workouts are based around supersets. This way, she’s able to incorporate a lot of volume in a relatively short amount of time.
In total, Angelica’s workouts last around 90 minutes.
- Monday: ( glutes)
- Tuesday: (shoulders)
- Wednesday: (hamstrings)
- Thursday: Back and Biceps
- Friday: (glutes/hamstrings)
- Saturday (chest, triceps and abs)
- Sunday: Rest
During the off-season, Angelica does 20 minutes of cardio right after her strength workout.
“During prep I start with 30 minutes after training and increase slowly going up to two sessions of 30 minutes if needed. My favorite cardio is stairmaster, inclined walk, and HIIT.”
ANGELICA TEIXEIRA’S THREE FAVORITE EXERCISES
Angelica cites shoulders and glutes as her favorite body parts. She believes it’s extremely important for a bikini competitor to have these body parts developed. As she says, “For bikini competitors, the booty and round shoulders matter the most.”
- Glute kickbacks
- Lateral Raises
If she could choose only one exercise as her favorite, Angelica says it would be glute kickbacks. She says this exercise has helped her develop her glutes more than anything else.
ANGELICA TEIXEIRA’S DIET
Angelica has a similar diet both in the off-season and during contest prep. She eats six meals per day, making sure to have some sort of protein in each of her meals. At least four of her meals consist of complex carbohydrates such as oatmeal, rice, and sweet potatoes. She also adds healthy fats such as peanut butter, avocado, egg yolks, and nuts.
Lastly, Angelica also adds a lot of vegetables and fruits to her diet. They’re rich in fiber, which enables her to efficiently absorb nutrients from foods. “I don’t eat much fruits during prep, usually only blueberries and strawberries. During off-season I will add more fruits like banana, papaya, and mangos.”
The main difference between Angelica’s off-season and in-season diet is that she’ll add those extra carbs during the off-season. As a result, she feels this helps replenish her muscles to give her more energy during her workouts.
DIETING RULES FOR LOSING FAT
Here are Angelica’s top rules for achieving a lean and toned figure:
- Eat small, and clean portions every 3 hours.
- Avoid saturated fats, alcohol, and sugar. Drink a lot water to flush out the toxins.
- Incorporate intense exercises such as HIIT to speed up the metabolism.
- Cincinnati vs Detroit Prediction, Game Preview
- NFL Game Previews, Schedule, Predictions, Lines, How To Watch: Week 6
- Bombers’ defence continues 4th-quarter dominance
- Toledo vs Central Michigan Prediction, Game Preview
- Kent State vs Western Michigan Prediction, Game Preview
- Bowling Green vs Northern Illinois Prediction, Game Preview
- Who’s going to the World Series? Our LCS predictions
- Troy vs Texas State Prediction, Game Preview
- The Ratings For Last Night’s Dark Side Of The Ring Are In
- Ball State vs Eastern Michigan Prediction, Game Preview