The holiday season means sugary sweets and holiday treats will be everywhere. So if you’re craving some classic festive cookies and desserts, but still want to keep your diet clean this winter, then the solution is simple: Whip up some better-for-you snacks of your own.
Not only are these treats have better macros than whatever’s bound to end up in your stocking, but they follow the age-old advice that if you want something you should make it yourself. Seriously, any elf on the shelf can go and purchase a box of gingerbread cookies but if you actually take the time to bake it then you’ve more than earned a quick snack.
Here are 10 of my favorite classic holiday treats, which have been made healthier and lower-calorie than usual thanks to some clever swaps from registered dietitians.
- Domino’s Pizza Upset After Pizza Cutter Segment On AEW Dynamite, ‘Assessing Advertising’
- X-Division Championship Match Confirmed For Impact Wrestling: Homecoming
- Elks leave LB Diggs, DE Lemon off final roster
- Rosters Taking Shape: Tracking cuts across the CFL
- NHL free agency grades: Evaluating how each Canadian team did on Day 1
- Mercedes: Red Bull should stop ‘tarnishing Hamilton’s reputation’
- Two sentences on every free agent signing of significance in the NHL
- Red Bull’s right to review petition rejected by FIA
- Jays address bullpen, get closer Hand from Nats
- 5 forwards Maple Leafs could target in ‘second wave’ of UFA market