The holiday season means sugary sweets and holiday treats will be everywhere. So if you’re craving some classic festive cookies and desserts, but still want to keep your diet clean this winter, then the solution is simple: Whip up some better-for-you snacks of your own.
Not only are these treats have better macros than whatever’s bound to end up in your stocking, but they follow the age-old advice that if you want something you should make it yourself. Seriously, any elf on the shelf can go and purchase a box of gingerbread cookies but if you actually take the time to bake it then you’ve more than earned a quick snack.
Here are 10 of my favorite classic holiday treats, which have been made healthier and lower-calorie than usual thanks to some clever swaps from registered dietitians.
- Jury: Chauvin guilty of George Floyd murder
- Alonso ‘felt 300 per cent more confident’ through race
- Ole Miss Rebels: CFN College Football Preview 2021
- Duke Blue Devils: CFN College Football Preview 2021
- Navy Midshipmen: CFN College Football Preview 2021
- Maple Leafs’ Nylander rises to Keefe’s challenge after missed meeting
- Canucks emerging from darkest weeks with brightest performances
- A Video Of Mick Foley’s Appearance On “Pawn Stars”, Big NJPW Stipulation
- WWE NXT News – Franky Monet Interrupts Io Shirai, Ted Dibiase Sr. Appears
- Freeman uninterested in ‘distraction’ of new deal