The holiday season means sugary sweets and holiday treats will be everywhere. So if you’re craving some classic festive cookies and desserts, but still want to keep your diet clean this winter, then the solution is simple: Whip up some better-for-you snacks of your own.
Not only are these treats have better macros than whatever’s bound to end up in your stocking, but they follow the age-old advice that if you want something you should make it yourself. Seriously, any elf on the shelf can go and purchase a box of gingerbread cookies but if you actually take the time to bake it then you’ve more than earned a quick snack.
Here are 10 of my favorite classic holiday treats, which have been made healthier and lower-calorie than usual thanks to some clever swaps from registered dietitians.
- NWHL 2021 Season Preview: Boston seeks title, Toronto expansion arrives
- Prospects News & Rumors: Safonov, Coronato & Sebrango
- Sources: Castro rejoins Astros for 2 years, $7M
- CFL.ca’s top 30 pending free agents
- Menezes, Briscoe to join Glickenhaus Hypercar effort
- What pitching every fourth day would mean for Trevor Bauer and the team that signs him
- Team WRT steps up to WEC in 2021
- Canucks earn cathartic win over Canadiens after roller-coaster affair
- Sadek, ex-Giants catcher, dies at 74 after illness
- Joey Janela To Face NXT Talent, Timothy Thatcher Remains Undefeated In The ‘Fight Pit’