Misfits announced Wednesday the signing of former Astralis general manager Martin “Deficio” Lynge as Director of Misfits Gaming Europe.
“I’m excited to start the next chapter with Misfits Gaming,” Deficio said in a statement. “I spent the past two years building an environment that both players and staff loved with Origen, and I’m looking forward to shaping the future of Misfits Gaming. There’s a lot of work already going on behind the scenes, and I can’t wait to share our plans soon.”
In this role, Deficio will handle strategic growth and development of League of Legends operations, while also seeking out options for growth both in League and other games. Deficio will work hand-in-hand with multiple departments, Misfits said in a statement, including other competitive teams and content creators, and also work with sponsors and organization partners.
“We’re excited to bring Martin’s knowledge and unique experiences as a manager, player and broadcaster to our European team in Berlin,” Ben Spoont, CEO and co-founder of Misfits Gaming Group, said in a statement. “Developing our infrastructure through impactful leaders is a key part of our strategic growth plan, and we’re excited to see what Martin has in store for 2021.”
Deficio brings years of experience to Misfits, most recently having served as GM of Astralis-owned League European Championship squad Origen for two years. Astralis announced Sept. 15 that the League of Legends team would move away from the Origen brand, and that same day, Deficio revealed he and the org were parting ways. Deficio was also a League of Legends caster and a pro player with teams such as Ninjas in Pyjamas and Copenhagen Wolves.
“We share similar values around team growth, and player development, which is really important to me,” Deficio said of Spoont and Misfits president Syed Hussain Moosvi. “I can’t share much right now about our plans for 2021, but we’ve already got a great infrastructure in Berlin that I will be building on for the future.”
- Night of 11 aces: Bieber-Giolito doesn’t disappoint; Snell falls apart
- Contreras lets bat talk against Brewers after HBP
- Andrade’s First Post-WWE Appearance Revealed – Details
- Taz Upset With WWE’s Snub Of Him After 24th Anniversary Of ECW Barely Legal Tweet
- Maple Leafs’ Rittich impresses under challenging circumstances
- Flames’ Lucic turns back clock with complete performance in 1,000th game
- NFL Draft Safety Rankings 2021: From The College Perspective
- Representing Finland in CFL would be ‘a dream come true’ for Mulumba
- Duffy latest Cub to hit COVID related injured list
- Cleveland’s Chang shows racist msgs. after error