REGINA — The injury bug is feasting at Mosaic Stadium.
The Saskatchewan Roughriders lost two d-lineman over the weekend, according to a report from Global Regina’s Taylor Shire.
#Riders injury updates:
DL Tim Williams tore his Achilles on Friday.
DL Sterling Shippy broke his foot in the Green & White game.
— Taylor Shire (@TShireGlobal) July 26, 2021
Dickenson lamented his team’s injury situation while talking with the media, as Murray McCormick of the Regina Leader-Post shared:
“I’ve never seen that many Achilles injuries ever,” said Riders head coach Craig Dickenson. “To lose another one is really tough. Hopefully, knock on wood, that’s the last one, but you never know.” #riders have lost five players to torn Achilles tendons.
— Murray McCormick (@murraylp) July 26, 2021
Williams marks the fifth player on the team to suffer an Achilles injury. He is out for the season.
Dickenson did tell reporters in Regina that Edem and McInnis’ injuries shouldn’t be too serious.
- Virginia vs Miami Prediction, Game Preview
- Umpire explains wild play in 9th in Cards-Cubs
- Matthew Tkachuk hopes to return to top form for Flames
- Big E. Comments On Competition Forcing WWE To Step Up Their Game, More
- Jeff Jarrett Comments On TNA Wrestling Going Head-To-Head With WWE RAW, More
- Think, Know, Believe After Week 4: College Football Daily Cavalcade
- Start vs. Sit: Building around a solid running game
- Try These 7 Essential Tips To Run A Smarter Marathon
- Morgan Rielly condemns Denyskin’s racist taunt: ‘There has to be action’
- With AL Central crown in hand, the real challenge begins for Tony La Russa and the White Sox