OTTAWA — The Ottawa REDBLACKS have signed kicker Lewis Ward to a contract extension for 2021, the team announced on Thursday. He was set to become a free agent in February.
Ward has been turning heads since bursting onto the CFL scene in 2018 where, as a rookie, the former University of Ottawa Gee-Gees kicker set an all-time, all-football record by hitting 69 consecutive successful field goals. Ward continued to be a steady foot for Ottawa in 2019, hitting 86% of his field goal attempts and nine of 11 single-point coverts.
Ward was named the CFL’s Rookie of the Year following his outstanding first campaign. He made 51-of-52 field goals (another league record at 98.1% ), including a pro football-record 48 straight that carried into the following year.
- Both Teams To Score Tips For Accumulators: Best BTTS Tips Today Thursday 26th May 2022
- Horse Racing Each-way Tip Of The Day | Sandown Tip On Thurs 26th May
- Yanks put slugger Stanton on IL with sore ankle
- Minimum salary, maximum impact: Bozak’s OT goal keeps Blues alive vs. Avs
- WWE RAW Commentator Jimmy Smith Comes To The Defense Of Corey Graves
- Sting Pulled From AEW Double Or Nothing Due To Injury, CM Punk/Hangman Page
- Indiana Hoosiers Preview 2022: Season Prediction, Breakdown, Key Games, Players
- Indiana Hoosiers Top 10 Players: College Football Preview 2022
- Rays’ Raley feeling for hometown after shooting
- No matter what the Flames face, Chris Sutter will do his part to help his father