VANCOUVER — The free agent defensive back pool just got a little more crowded when the BC Lions announced on Friday that they’d released American Aaron Grymes.
The 29-year-old spent the 2019 season with the BC Lions and had 54 tackles and an interception. He’d come to the team after spending the first five seasons of his career in Edmonton.
It was in Alberta’s capital that the five-foot-11, 186-pounder established himself. He had 11 interceptions over those five seasons, with 181 tackles and two forced fumbles. His best season came in 2015, when he was named a CFL All-Star and was a key part of Edmonton’s Grey Cup-winning team.
Rico Murray, Chris Ackie, Kevin Fogg and Ciante Evans are among the top DB names on the market. Grymes joins that talented group and likely already has his phone ringing, with the negotiation window open and the market opening up on Tuesday at noon ET.
- Colorado Avalanche clinch Presidents’ Trophy, West Division title
- Chris Jericho Injured During Blood & Guts Match, Status For AEW’s Double or Nothing
- The Updated Card For Impact Wrestling’s Under Siege PPV Event
- Pac-12 Expansion: What Schools Should The Conference Target?
- Landry: Anti-rouge? Maybe you’ve missed the point
- Brawn expects field to spread under new 2022 regulations
- Argos land three 2021 picks, one from 2020 class
- Kentucky Wildcats: CFN College Football Preview 2021
- MLB Power Rankings: Who passed the Dodgers for our No. 1 spot?
- PHOTO: WWE Releases Special Poster For Top WrestleMania Backlash Match