Time really does seem to fly by. It doesn’t feel like that long ago, we were saying goodbye to one of the old jewels of the CFL, Mosaic Stadium at Taylor Field and ushering in a new era of football in the province of Saskatchewan.
This unexpected but extended off-season has given us an opportunity to look back at some of the best memories of CFL football and if you are a Riders fan, that means moments at the original Mosaic.
Four years ago this week, the old home of the Riders turned the lights out for the final time after a game between the hometown Roughriders and the division rival BC Lions. It was the ending of what was not necessarily a joyful year for Saskatchewan but a night that even a loss couldn’t dampen.
Below is a look back at some of stories that helped give Mosaic Stadium/Taylor Field the ultimate sendoff.
- Max Caster Disses Opponents in Revolution ‘Ladder Match’ Music Video
- Applying Pressure: Argos changing defensive identity with FA moves
- Quartararo and Yamaha top final day of first Qatar MotoGP test
- ‘Foolhardy’ to ignore Alpine, Ferrari threat – Aston Martin
- World Championship Match Announced For ROH 19th Anniversary Show
- Jets Mailbag: Should Winnipeg sell high on Paul Stastny?
- Which CFL records could live forever?
- Flames start hot, burn out vs. Oilers as new coach Sutter watches from afar
- Oilers fought, scored their way out of slump in comeback win vs. Flames
- Miller plays finest game to drive Canucks’ comeback win over Maple Leafs