Cheek spent four seasons at the University of Akron (2012-2015). The Ohio native played in 44 games at Akron, recording 100 total tackles, one interception, nine pass deflections and two forced fumbles.
Cheek was signed by the BC Lions back in 2018 but did not see any game action and he also spent time with the Kansas City Chiefs in 2016, attended training camp with the club. He also competes internationally for the United States in two-men bobsled, with his most recent result a seventh-place finish in the two-men at the Europe Cup in Winterberg in January.
Hodges, Gray and Perkins leave the Elks without any game action.
The club opened its rookie camp on Wednesday, with main camp opening (Sunday, May 15) at The Brick Field at Commonwealth Stadium.
- Guardians’ Ramírez injured, Francona out Friday
- Mets’ Scherzer out 6-8 weeks with oblique strain
- Oilers’ playoff hopes hinge on Mike Smith finding his game after Game 1 stinker
- As Matthew’s biggest supporter, Brady Tkachuk is stealing the show in Calgary
- Sato on top again in busy Thursday Indy 500 practice
- Edge Teases Paige Possibly Joining ‘The Judgment Day’ Faction
- Paul Wight Doesn’t Recall Actor Kieran Culkin Throwing A Beer At Him
- Racing Tips: Andrew Mount’s Friday Picks – May 20th
- Frankie Dettori Booked Rides Today | Back This 42/1 Goodwood Treble on Friday
- Adams learning on all sides of the game with Argos