MONTREAL — The Montreal Alouettes announced their coaching staff for the 2021 season on Wednesday, as Barron Miles was promoted to Defensive Coordinator and Luc Brodeur-Jourdain was named Offensive Line Coach.
Miles was appointed as the team’s Defensive Back Coach and Pass Game Coordinator last winter, as he was returning in the nest. He will continue to be in charge of the defensive backs.
Miles spent 12 years in the CFL as a defensive back, including seven seasons with the Alouettes. He was the Edmonton Eskimos’ Defensive Back and Player Development coach from 2016 to 2019. With his help, the Eskimos finished third in the CFL in 2019 allowing 22.2 points average per game and second in the league with only 31 offensive touchdowns allowed.
“We are very happy to have been able to put together such a complete coaching staff, even though we have reduced our staff because of the new reality in the CFL,” said Alouettes Head Coach Khari Jones. “We have never stopped working and communicating, as we all look forward to the 2021 season and working with our players.”
Mickey Donovan will return as Special Teams’ Coordinator in 2021, on top of coaching the linebackers. He will be assister by Byron Archambault on special teams, as the former Université de Montréal Carabin player and coach was named Special Teams Assistant Coach. He will continue to occupy the position of Director of National Scouting.
Luc Brodeur-Jourdain was promoted to Offensive Line Coach after beginning his coaching career as Offensive Line Assistant in 2019.
Here is the team’s coaching staff for the 2021 season:
Khari Jones, Head Coach, Offensive Coordinator and Quarterback Coach
Barron Miles, Defensive Coordinator and Defensive Back Coach
Mickey Donovan, Special Teams Coordinator and Linebacker Coach
André Bolduc, Running Back Coach and Assistant Head Coach
Luc Brodeur-Jourdain, Offensive Line Coach
Todd Howard, Defensive Line Coach
Robert Gordon, Receiver Coach
Michael Lionello, Offensive Assistant
Byron Archambault, Special Teams Assistant
These nominations signify that Bob Slowik’s contract won’t be renewed in 2021. Slowik was the team’s Defensive Coordinator since 2019.
- Red Bull officially requests review of Hamilton’s Silverstone penalty
- Yankees deal 2 prospects for Pirates RHP Holmes
- Maddon on Shohei MVP talk: ‘It’s not even close’
- Bombers to unveil Grey Cup banner at home opener
- Saudi Arabia keen to alleviate human rights concerns
- WWE RAW News – Karrion Kross Reacts To His Win Over Keith Lee, Priest/Sheamus
- WWE RAW News – Alexa Bliss/Lilly-lution Shenanigans, Reginald Retains 24/7 Championship
- Jets 2021 Free Agency Preview: Needs, targets, issues
- A’s acquire Chafin from Cubs for 2 minor leaguers
- MLB trade deadline tracker: A star outfielder on the Yankees’ radar, plus our latest buzz