Wyoming Cowboys vs New Mexico Lobos prediction and game preview.
Wyoming vs New Mexico Broadcast
Date: Saturday, December 5
Game Time: 10:30 ET
Venue: Dreamstyle Stadium, Reno, NV
Network: CBS Sports Network
Wyoming (2-2) vs. New Mexico (0-5) Game Preview
For latest lines and to bet on the NFL, go to BetMGM
Why Wyoming Will Win
New Mexico isn’t getting the line play it needs.
There isn’t any pass rush, and that’s killing a struggling secondary, and that’s leading to close to 310 passing yards per game. The Lobo offense isn’t able to control the clock enough with an offense that’s been okay, and has a decent passing game at times, but stalls too often.
The Cowboys are doing what they do. They’re dominating with their defensive front that’s eating up offenses, the offense controls the clock, and when there’s a shot at hitting the downfield play, the Cowboys are connecting.
Levi Williams is only hitting 55% of his passes, and he only has one touchdown pass, but the offense is taking advantage of teams cheating up to slow down the ground game.
Why New Mexico Will Win
The Lobos have to get the ground game going … somehow.
It has yet to take over a game, but the rushing attack was able to come up with 279 yards against Hawaii with the offense keeping up throughout. Wyoming might have a great pass rush, but the offense isn’t going to roll up big numbers right out of the gate.
The goal is to keep the game in range. The defense hasn’t been bad at taking the ball away, and the Cowboy offensive front will give up plays behind the line. The Lobo O might not be phenomenal, but it needs to be okay, and the D has to be disruptive.
What’s Going To Happen
New Mexico’s defense isn’t having any luck.
It got obliterated in the first three games by the San Jose State, Hawaii and Nevada passing games, and then got run over by Air Force and Utah State.
Wyoming won’t be able to do much of anything consistently passing the ball, but it’ll Xazavian Valladay will run wild, and the defensive front will take care of the rest against the mediocre Lobo O.
Wyoming vs New Mexico Prediction, Line
Wyoming 34, New Mexico 20
Bet on Wyoming vs New Mexico with BetMGM
Wyoming -17.5, o/u: 52
ATS Confidence out of 5: 2.5
Must See Rating: 2
5: Gangs of London
1: Hillbilly Elegy
- Russell: No promises from Mercedes over 2022 F1 seat
- The Lookahead: Maple Leafs coach Keefe emerging as Jack Adams frontrunner
- Technical Insight: AMR21 – a mix of W11 and evolved RP20
- Why a Mattias Ekholm trade would make sense for Jets
- Demko finds accomplices as Canucks make clean getaway vs. Maple Leafs
- WWE Women’s Tag Team Championships Rematch Set For Fastlane
- Mazepin unmoved by criticism of financial backing
- Chris Jericho, Disco Inferno, Madusa Call For All States To Reopen Now
- The Rock Gives Some High Praise To The Hurt Business, Bobby Lashley Responds
- Top 7 M&F At-Home Workouts One Year After COVID