Wisconsin vs Illinois prediction and game preview.
Wisconsin vs Illinois Broadcast
Date: Friday, October 23
Game Time: 8:00 ET
Venue: Camp Randall Stadium, Madison, WI
Wisconsin (0-0) vs Illinois (0-0) Game Preview
For latest lines and to bet on college football, go to BetMGM
Why Illinois Will Win
The Badgers are starting out with a whole new offensive backfield.
Jonathan Taylor is off being busy as an Indianapolis Colt, and with Jack Coan hurt, it’s the start of the Graham Mertz era at quarterback. The offensive line is still being settled, and a new No. 1 receiver has to emerge in place of Quintez Cephus.
The Illinois receiving corps has the potential to be dangerous for veteran QB Brandon Peters. Josh Imatorbhebhe is back after burning the Badgers in last year’s stunning Illini win, the offensive line comes back experienced, and the secondary should be an instant positive. However …
Why Wisconsin Will Win
Illinois still doesn’t have an offense worth worrying about, and now it has to deal with a loaded Badger defense.
There were a few good moments for the Illini – particular against the Badgers – but the O line was miserable in pass protection and the team was the third-worst in the nation in time of possession. The Badgers get back 18 of the 20 top tacklers, the defensive line is going to be a killer, and you know exactly what’s coming from the offensive side.
Grind, grind, and grind some more. With all of the new parts, Wisconsin isn’t going to get tricky, it’ll hold the ball for almost 40 minutes, and …
What’s Going To Happen
The Badgers will get their revenge.
It took about six things to go absolutely right down the stretch for the Illini to pull off the 24-23 win last season, but this year should be different right away for both sides.
This is an okay Illinois team, but the Badger defense is going to ramp it up right away, and Mertz is going to show off why he was such a massive recruit for the Badger program last year.
Wisconsin vs Illinois Prediction, Line
Wisconsin 34, Illinois 13
Bet on Wisconsin vs Illinois with BetMGM
Wisconsin -19.5 o/u: 51
ATS Confidence out of 5: 3.5
Must See Rating: 2.5
5: Borat Subsequent Moviefilm
1: Hubie Halloween
- Predicting 40 active future Hall of Famers and their best Cooperstown comparisons
- Wolff ‘fine’ after revealing he tested positive for COVID-19
- Wolff: Curveballs behind Hamilton’s delayed contract
- Conference USA Football Rankings: CFN 2021 Pre-Spring
- Texas Tech vs West Virginia Prediction, College Basketball Game Preview
- Syracuse vs Virginia Prediction, College Basketball Game Preview
- The Undertaker Comments On WWE’s Drug Testing Policy, & More
- Heath Slater Comments On His “I Got Kids!” Segment With Brock Lesnar, More
- Super Bowl First Thought Prediction, Line: Kansas City vs Tampa Bay
- Maple Leafs attempting to out-sprint competition with condensed schedule