Virginia at Wake Forest prediction and game preview.
Virginia at Wake Forest Broadcast
Date: Saturday, October 17
Game Time: 4:00 ET
Venue: Truist Field, Winston-Salem, NC
Network: ACC Network
Virginia (1-2) vs Wake Forest (1-2) Game Preview
For latest lines and to bet on college football, go to BetMGM
Why Virginia Will Win
Third downs, third downs, third downs.
Third down offense has been an issue for Virginia, and this is the week to get past it.
The Wake Forest offense is great, and it’s not making a whole lot of mistakes, but it can’t do anything defensively on third downs. It’s one thing to get rolled by Clemson, but NC State and Campbell were able to combine to convert 15-of-29 third down tries.
The Cavalier offensive line is playing well and the team is dominating the tempo. UVA leads the ACC in time of possession and Wake Forest doesn’t seem to care that much about keeping its offense on the field.
The Cavaliers will have the ball for an extra ten minutes – at least – and could dominate if they can convert on third downs.
Why Wake Forest Will Win
Virginia isn’t doing a whole lot of Virginia things.
Bronco Mendenhall teams always dictate the tempo, but this one has too many special teams breakdowns, the passing game isn’t getting anything down the field, and there are too many turnovers.
It doesn’t help the already-struggling passing game that QB Brennan Armstrong is in the concussion protocol and is iffy at best to go.
Wake Forest has had a few weeks off after the Notre Dame game was postponed, and it’s very rested, and apparently very salty. So far the team isn’t getting flagged, it’s not turning the ball over, and there haven’t been any problems scoring.
What’s Going To Happen
Virginia has the talent to be a whole lot better than it has been, but it doesn’t have the passing game to exploit Wake Forest’s issues. The Demon Deacons will struggle to get control of the game because they won’t have the ball enough, but they’re not going to make enough mistakes to lose this at home. It’ll come down to the final seconds, and after a shaky start to the season, PK Nick Sciba will come through.
Virginia at Wake Forest Prediction, Line
Wake Forest 37, Virginia 34
Bet on Virginia at Wake Forest with BetMGM
Virginia -2.5, o/u: 61
ATS Confidence out of 5: 1
Must See Rating: 3
5: The Right Stuff (1983 movie version)
1: The Right Stuff (2020 TV version)
- Clemson vs Florida State Prediction, College Basketball Game Preview
- Villanova vs Providence Prediction, College Basketball Game Preview
- Backstage Note On El Australiano Nearly Signing With AEW
- Backstage Note On WWE’s Booking Plans For WrestleMania 37
- UConn vs Creighton Prediction, College Basketball Game Preview
- Tributes to a legend: Baseball world and beyond honors Aaron
- From the Negro Leagues to home run king: Hank Aaron’s legacy extends far past baseball
- Morris: Wall looking forward to new season and beyond
- Michigan vs Purdue Prediction, College Basketball Game Preview
- Analyzing what led to Pierre-Luc Dubois’ benching by John Tortorella