Virginia Tech vs Wake Forest prediction and game preview.
Virginia Tech vs Wake Forest Broadcast
Date: Saturday, October 24
Game Time: 3:30 ET
Venue: Truist Field, Winston-Salem, NC
Virginia Tech (3-1) vs Wake Forest (2-2) Game Preview
For latest lines and to bet on college football, go to BetMGM
Why Virginia Tech Will Win
The running game is special.
Helped by getting Kansas transfer Khalil Herbert, Swiss Army knife Raheem Blackshear from Rutgers, and with QB Hendon Hooker back, the Hokies are ripping through everything in their path.
They’ve hit the 300-yard mark on the ground in three of the four games, and even in the one loss, it came up with 260 yards against North Carolina, made up by enough passing yards to tie for a season-high 495 yards of total offense.
Wake Forest’s run defense gets hammered on whenever anyone tries to pound away, giving up over 200 yards to NC State and Virginia. It’s going to have a problem.
Why Wake Forest Will Win
For all of the great things Virginia Tech has done so far with a short-staffed team, it’s struggling on both sides of the ball on third downs, the defense is struggling against the run, and it now has to deal with a Wake Forest team that doesn’t turn the ball over and scores in bunches.
The Demon Deacons lost to Clemson, and on the road in a tight 45-42 fight with NC State – no shame there.
The passing game has been great throughout the year, the offense has only lost the ball once – a fumble against NC State – and it’s connecting deep, averaging over nine yards per pass. The Hokie secondary is getting hammered for 7.7 yards a throw.
What’s Going To Happen
Wake Forest is more dangerous than it’s being given credit for.
Virginia Tech might be the third-best team if and when it all comes together from a health and consistency standpoint, but it’s about to be in for a battle.
The Demon Deacon passing game will be fantastic, the Hokie running game will be fantastic, and this game will be fantastic with both offenses trading punches all game long.
Virginia Tech vs Wake Forest Prediction, Line
Virginia Tech 37, Wake Forest 34
Bet on Virginia Tech vs Wake Forest with BetMGM
Virginia Tech -9, o/u: 68
ATS Confidence out of 5: 3
Must See Rating: 3.5
5: Borat Subsequent Moviefilm
1: Hubie Halloween
- Josh Anderson delivers playoff-type effort at crucial time for Canadiens
- Oilers get taste of playoff hockey in hard-fought Canadiens series
- How hot are the A’s? With an improbable 11th straight win, let’s say they’re sizzling
- Seth Rollins’ Reacts To Fan Poll On Twitter With Roman Reigns
- Jon Moxley & Eddie Kingston Crash Into The Elite’s Hangout, Darby Allin vs. Jungle Boy
- Padres’ Lamet exits early, set for MRI on forearm
- Texas Tech Red Raiders: CFN College Football Preview 2021
- The Waggle Extra: Ambrosie & taking the field in 2021
- Back 2 Basics: Learning the Landmine Row
- WWE NXT Viewership For 4/20/21