USF Bulls vs East Carolina Pirates prediction and game preview.
USF vs East Carolina Broadcast
Date: Saturday, October 10
Game Time: 7:00 ET
Venue: Raymond James Stadium, Tampa, FL
USF (1-2) vs East Carolina (0-2) Game Preview
For latest lines and to bet on college football, go to BetMGM
Why USF Will Win
The East Carolina defense hasn’t shown up yet.
It got destroyed by UCF, which no one will complain too much about. It got destroyed at Georgia State, and then there’s a problem.
It’s not just that the Pirates were bad in both losses – giving up a combined 100 points – it’s that they didn’t have an answer for anything. Both UCF and Georgia State threw and ran equally well.
The USF offense struggled against Notre Dame and Cincinnati, but those are two top ten-caliber teams. The ground game should work against an ECU defensive front not even close to doing anything behind the line.
Why East Carolina Will Win
East Carolina might not be doing a whole lot of things well, but it’s doing them deliberately.
There’s a good and a bad to owning the tome of possession battle. On the good side, ECU has been okay at keeping the chains moving with a decent passing attack to keep developing. However, offenses are scoring fast on the porous D.
ECU might have the ball for 35 minutes if the USF running game can’t swing right away.
What’s Going To Happen
USF has a bit of a defense – it does lead the nation in pass D, but that’s because it’s getting run over – but not enough offense. East Carolina has a decent offense and no defense.
The USF offense wins the day as head coach Jeff Scott gets his first win over an FBS team.
USF vs East Carolina Prediction, Line
USF 31, East Carolina 27
Bet on USF vs East Carolina with BetMGM
USF -4.5, o/u: 56
ATS Confidence out of 5: 1.5
Must See Rating: 2
5: Eddie Van Halen
1: Vin Diesel’s “Feel Like I Do”
- Domino’s Pizza Upset After Pizza Cutter Segment On AEW Dynamite, ‘Assessing Advertising’
- X-Division Championship Match Confirmed For Impact Wrestling: Homecoming
- Elks leave LB Diggs, DE Lemon off final roster
- Rosters Taking Shape: Tracking cuts across the CFL
- NHL free agency grades: Evaluating how each Canadian team did on Day 1
- Mercedes: Red Bull should stop ‘tarnishing Hamilton’s reputation’
- Two sentences on every free agent signing of significance in the NHL
- Red Bull’s right to review petition rejected by FIA
- Jays address bullpen, get closer Hand from Nats
- 5 forwards Maple Leafs could target in ‘second wave’ of UFA market