Texas Longhorns vs Oklahoma Sooners prediction and college basketball game preview.
Texas vs Oklahoma Broadcast
Date: Wednesday, February 17
Game Time: 6:00 ET
Venue: Lloyd Noble Center, Norman, OK
Texas (13-5) vs Oklahoma (13-5) Game Preview
For latest lines and to bet on college basketball, go to BetMGM
Why Texas Will Win
Texas keep on shooting well but it needs a bit more of a break.
On fire hitting half of its shots or more in three of the last six games – and 49% against TCU – the Longhorns are making things happen on the move and they’re generating enough rebounds to come up with second chance points.
Can there be a few more threes? Texas only hit six of 25 in the first meeting with OU – an 80-79 Sooner win – but the defense was able to do its part from the outside.
Texas plays the best three-point D in the Big 12, it owns the glass, and now it just needs to be a wee bit hotter than it was back in Norman in late January.
Why Oklahoma Will Win
The Sooners just don’t make enough mistakes.
They don’t commit enough fouls to give up a ton of free throws – but when they do, there’s a problem – and they don’t give the ball away for easy points. They were +3 in turnover margin in the first meeting and shot 15 more free throws.
Unlike Texas – who’s been shooting well but it doesn’t translate into wins – Oklahoma wins when it shoots well and loses when it doesn’t. Over the last 15 games, it’s 11-1 when making 40% or more from the field, and 0-3 when it doesn’t.
What’s Going To Happen
The Texas defense hasn’t allowed 40% from the field in two of its last three games, but it’s allowing almost 41% overall on the season.
Can the Longhorns rise up and pull this off at home? It’ll be another fun game between the two, but once again, the Sooners will do a bit more on the line and will be a bit more careful with the ball in a tight win.
Texas vs Oklahoma Prediction, Line
Oklahoma 78, Texas 73
Bet on college basketball with BetMGM
Oklahoma -3.5, o/u: 141.5
ATS Confidence out of 5: 3
Must See Rating: 4
5: Too warm
1: Too cold
- Yankees’ Sanchez tests positive for COVID-19
- Astros pitching legend J.R. Richard dies at 71
- How Valentino Rossi made MotoGP his own
- Early Betting Odds For CM Punk’s First AEW Opponent
- Kay Lee Ray Spotted At The WWE Performance Center, Harry Smith/WWE Update
- Aston Martin has ‘significant new evidence’ in Vettel DSQ appeal
- Top 5 Energy-Boosting Suggestions for Avoiding the Midday Crash
- Ferguson: A challenge for each QB in Week 1
- CFL.ca Game Notes: A look at Week 1
- Sauber-backed Pourchaire completes first F1 test with Alfa Romeo