Texas Longhorns vs Kansas State Wildcats prediction and game preview.
Texas vs Kansas State Broadcast
Date: Saturday, December 5
Game Time: 12:00 ET
Venue: Bill Snyder Family Stadium, Manhattan, KS
Texas (5-3) vs Kansas State (4-5) Game Preview
For latest lines and to bet on the NFL, go to BetMGM
Why Texas Will Win
The Kansas State defense has gone bye-bye.
What’s been the huge problem over the four game losing streak? The run defense struggled, the pass defense struggled, and against Oklahoma State, the offense struggled.
For Kansas State to be Kansas State, it has to control the clock and own third downs, and it’s not doing that. The passing game has stalled and the offense hasn’t hit 400 yards in any of the last six games.
Everyone wants to rip on Texas and Tom Herman, but the team isn’t playing poorly. It’s been in fight after fight, and it could just as easily be playing this weekend to get into the Big 12 championship as it is to be an also-ran.
The passing game picked it up against Iowa State, but …
Why Kansas State Will Win
Texas isn’t owning the clock like it should.
QB Sam Ehlinger should be a third down conversion machine, but he isn’t doing it enough – the offense should be a whole lot better at coming up with clutch drives.
For all of Kansas State’s issues, the offensive line isn’t doing a horrible job – the running game came up with well over 220 yards in two of the last three weeks – the pass rush is good enough to bother Ehlinger, and if the passing game was ever going to work, this would be the week.
The Texas pass defense has collapsed, allowing way over 1,000 yards over the last three games, but …
What’s Going To Happen
Kansas State can’t throw. It has to run to win, but the Texas defensive front has improved over the last month and should be able to hold this game in check.
Texas might not be perfect, and it has certainly been a disappointment overall, but it was on a three-game winning streak before failing to close out Iowa State last week. It’ll get the groove back in yet another close, interesting game that comes down to the wire.
No one plays up or down to the competition like Texas does. It’ll do it again.
Texas vs Kansas State Prediction, Line
Texas 27, Kansas State 23
Bet on Texas vs Kansas State with BetMGM
Texas -7, o/u: 51.5
ATS Confidence out of 5: 1.5
Must See Rating: 3
5: Gangs of London
1: Hillbilly Elegy
- Red Bull officially requests review of Hamilton’s Silverstone penalty
- Bombers to unveil Grey Cup banner at home opener
- Saudi Arabia keen to alleviate human rights concerns
- WWE RAW News – Karrion Kross Reacts To His Win Over Keith Lee, Priest/Sheamus
- WWE RAW News – Alexa Bliss/Lilly-lution Shenanigans, Reginald Retains 24/7 Championship
- Jets 2021 Free Agency Preview: Needs, targets, issues
- A’s acquire Chafin from Cubs for 2 minor leaguers
- MLB trade deadline tracker: A star outfielder on the Yankees’ radar, plus our latest buzz
- Quinn McKay Given Third Chance At Qualifying For ROH’s Women’s Title Tournament
- Keith Lee Promises To Tell His Story In The Next Week Or Two – Details